HybridZ

Back To School!

Challenger

i see you are in ny, what school? i am at RPI and i happened to find one that is foreign but the accent is not bad! so stoked on that one
Two of my professors have accents. One Ukrainian, one Chinese (I think). I've gotten used to it, but I had no idea what they were saying at first.

BTW, are you a freshman at RPI? My friend is a sophomore there.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opposite happen, had 3 chinese kids in our calc class, they hardly spoke english and seemed to have a reaaaalllly hard time following along.

Funny thing about the class was, the entire left side minus 2-3 people dropped out of the class. Only 1 or 2 dropped out from the right side.

MechE Sophomore at the University of Arizona, classes started 25 Aug. I've got Physics 241 (Electricity and Magnetism), Calc 223 (Vector calc), CE 210 (Hand Drafting + AutoCAD), CE 214 (Statics), and an intro to Psych class.

Statics and Vector Calc are beautiful classes (though my specific ones are far too easy). A surprisingly useful class is Diff. Eq's (took it last semester, a bit out of order). It's conceptually heavy, but lots of fun, and really simplifies a lot of stuff (Newton's law of heating/cooling, for example).

I'm going through hell in my E and M class. Not that the concepts are hard, but the Prof. is. Rumor has it he got suspended three years ago because he failed an entire class...

And next semester I get to pick my minor back up with German 300. I can't wait.

• 2 months later...

Howd it go for everyone?

Im ending up with a 4.0 in calc 2 somehow :) :), atleast a 87.5% (on the border of 3.3/3.5, I here he considers attendance, effort, etc) in physics, and a 4.0 in health. This quarter will really help my GPA!

Funny thing on my math final was it was insanely hard, everyone in the rest of the class felt terrible about it. I ended up getting a 82.5 (needed a 84 to keep my 4.0) and she added 10 pts to everyones score since it was so hard. I found out that many of the answers I thought were completely wrong (most) turned out right... I think she just graded nicely... :)

Definitely could have gone a lot better... a LOT better...

At least I'll know the material of the classes I took really well by the time I pass them... right?

yup, I've discovered that I really don't want to be an EE.

Statics, however, turned out to be not that bad for only understanding every 3rd word.

I really need to get back into school. Not really sure what I would want to do though. I sure do miss it though.

Same here. I would love to go back to school and study what 'I want to study' not what 'I have to study.' If I could do it all over again, I would have:

1) Taken my time in school. Four years in & out is an elitist fad :mrgreen:

2) Studied in areas where I actually had strengths. This would have given me much more of a sense of accomplishment and have been more useful. A Ph.D or Masters would be in the cards. I suppose I could still do that, but there are many automotive related sciences I would love to delve in. The more practical the better.

3) Had even MORE fun :mrgreen: I would have tried more things, played more sports, maybe worked more internships during school.

4) Waited a year or two before beginning college. I could have traveled or worked for a year prior to going to college. Taking out student loans is bogus and I probably could have done it without putting myself in 5 years worth of debt after college.

5) Bought a 240Z to drive during college! I should have shot my 200SX when I had the chance. It's in a landfill now I'm sure.

Davy

Eh, this semester wasn't too harsh. really wish i had taken ceramics instead of film aesthetics though. other than that, my insane com research class and french finals went pretty well....except for the fact i forgot how to do the "future" tense >_< i wont know my grades for another couple weeks but as long as i keep my scholarship, i'm good :mrgreen:

Lucky you...I have one more final on Monday at 8am.

And how is your project coming man?

Since I live far away from my school, I haven't gotten to make any weekend trips home to work on the Z, so my project is at a standstill right now. But, I'm hoping to get some stuff done over this break and then in the spring and summer I'll really hammer down to get it done and on the road.

How about you? I think I saw you make a few posts about picking up a turbo motor :burnout:...haha it must be fast now! Let me know how it came out...I will probably be going turbo in the future, too.

Anyway, good luck on your last final man!

Eh, this semester wasn't too harsh. really wish i had taken ceramics instead of film aesthetics though. other than that, my insane com research class and french finals went pretty well....except for the fact i forgot how to do the "future" tense >_< i wont know my grades for another couple weeks but as long as i keep my scholarship, i'm good :mrgreen:

Je - ais

Tu - ais

Il/Elle/On - ait

Nous - ions

Vous - iez

Ils/Elles - aient

:)

Just got out of my Chem Exam, I've got Igneous/Metamorphic Petr. tomorrow and then I'm out!!

Je - ais

Tu - ais

Il/Elle/On - ait

Nous - ions

Vous - iez

Ils/Elles - aient

:)

Just got out of my Chem Exam, I've got Igneous/Metamorphic Petr. tomorrow and then I'm out!!

Leave me alooooooone!! lol. i swear, they teach you this stuff early on in the semster and expect you to remember it without ever using it!!

Gl on your last finals!

Finishing up finals tomorrow with Biology 4050- Genetics. Graduating in the spring with a bachelor's in Biology, minor in chemistry and botany. In school in Indianapolis and the z is at home in wisconsin, talk about going crazy. Looking forward to the last winter break of my life, should be clocking some serious time in the garage with my new heater! Trying not to think about next semester too much... (Molecular Biochemistry, Virology, Advanced Plant Taxonomy, Mycology, Senior Seminar, Finishing up 2 1/2 years of independent research, and T.A. for Organic Chem and Botany,) all while trying to find a job :-|. However I don't envy you physics/engineering majors, I narrowly survived my brush with differential equations and E&M, good luck to you all!