HybridZ

Ebay 240sx throttle body spacer?...

jacob80

If its as thick as the picture shows you can use it as a linkage adapter for the 240sx TB. But performance wise I doubt it.

Ok, well Im not falling for all the performance crap they say, we just need one for the linkage. My other question is about the vacuum "port" if you will, the top part on these throttle bodies that have fittings on them on the outside, maybe Im describing it bad, but if you know what I mean, will this cover it up? If not, it would be a major vacuum leak.

What vacume port? Are you talking about the water line on top (some)?

I have some pics of mine....

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

Well actually all 3 ports, it seems like when we put the throttle body on the right way with the TPS on the outside, the vacuum draw or whatever it is makes a huge vacuum leak, but im assuming the spacer will cover it, correct? Also, what do I do about the draw on the bottom? Plug it?

Just put a rubber cap on the vacuum port.

On the note of the spacer adding torque. Im not going to say it works but i do know that on 2cycle dirt bikes you can change the torque/HP by moving the reed cage closer or farther away. The farther away you put it the more torque. The closer you put it the more hp. Now we are talking a few foot pounds or 1 or 2 hp but there is a difference. Also that is on a 125CC dirt bike. I used to keep spacers in my tool box for different tracks. A long wide open track i would take the spacers out. But if it was a real short tight track i would put one or 2 in. These where total of 10mm max in thickness but you get the idea.

Ok, I understand the fittings are able to be capped off, but I'm talked about the parts the fittings are attached to. Its like a raised piece in the intake. You know how the intake isnt a circle, its likea teardrop shape? Thats the part that isnt covered. How do we fix that?

Does anyone know what I mean?

Yes, the Egg shape inlet hole on the manifold,

will this adaptor cover it, I don't think so, if you look at the bolt holes, and the inside diameter, its almost in line, and if you look at the manifold, it would not cover the egg shape hole at the top

see included picture

Nigel

100_7163-800_thumb.jpg