HybridZ

!,000,000

woldson

Better?

Aziza, I see you missed my stelthy humor that was not directed at the admins, rather somewhere else.

Grumpy has been posting fabulous information he has gathered over time to add to a great knowlage base here at HybridZ, the admins have given more respect and knowlage than almost any member, hence admin status.

This is not the frist time my poor sense of humor has fail me.

Now please, respectfully remove that quote. Thankyou.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider ourselves lucky this forum doesn't limit the sig size. Many forums limit the size of the pic to exactly what mine is, and only allow a certain amount of text.

WRONG! (from the User CP Signature Picture section)...

The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

It's kinda what keeps this board clean and different from most.

Most of us try to abide by that rule. Not bitchin, just pointing it out...

You now, we were on the cusp of just trashing this whole thread, because we had no clue where it was going, and then Woldson MANS UP and just says it like it is!!

:2thumbs:

Dude, some of us DO get your humor! :wink:

Woldson FTW!

Mike :lmao:

Thankyou Mike. Had some stuff on my mind and it seeped in there. Warren helped me "clear" my mind.

Aziza thankyou sir.

Well to tell you the truth, there ARE guidelines about what the management thinks "big enough" is for signature pics. I suppose it just isn't enforce like a rule. We let the members do what they will, even if it's poking fun at the admins... until they break rules. But yeah, that photo is pretty big for a signature photo, IMO.

This was discussed a while ago by the admins/moderators - and no one was really liking anything more than about 150 tall, more like 120. And there was talk about limiting the number of lines of text to 2 or 3.

This is getting attention again, as some members like to have their sig photos large enough to take up a good amount of real estate on the screen.

Don't be surprised if the size recommendations get lowered a bit from what is in the rules - and a new rules change to reflect it.

Like most things in life, if you look around and you are the only one or one of the very few doing something, it tends to set off an alarm in your head, if you are like most people. Many people then rethink what they are doing, considering if they are too-boldly drawing attention to themselves, and some will decide to tone themselves down a bit. Others like to be bold. Such is life.

Enough philosphy from Pete for today! LoL!

• Administrators
The rules state that the signature pics need to be below 600 pixels wide and 200 tall (rule 15).

http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=65&a=2

Thank you for pointing out the conflicting info, (signature edit in CP vs the rules and guidelines). As stated by moderator Warren, in post #25 above, (quoted below), The 500x100 limit in our CP signature edit is the maximum allowable size. I’m sure if a signature picture is a couple pixels larger, no one will take issue, but if your signature pic is obviously too large, we will drop the hammer. :wink:

The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Signature1.jpg

Sorry... what I meant in my post you quoted was that an size limit was not hard set, and the admins don't always crack down on it. I was not referring to forum rules as you quoted, but only the forum software limitations for linked pictures. Also, I made my beliefs apparent that smaller sigs are more conducive to this forum previously, so we actually are in agreement. :icon14: