HybridZ

Greetings from Tokyo, HybridZ!

auxilary

So, I won employee of hte month a couple months ago, and usually, the prize is an xbox 360, ps3, or whatever around $300-400 range. However, for that month, the prize announced was a trip to Okinawa for my company's 15th anniversary (global, japan, korean, ireland, and US offices). So, 4 people from my office went (US) and I got one of the spots. Initially, I was informed the trip was 3 days (2 of which I'd be traveling anyway), so I was about to call it off

Then just as I was about to cancel my trip and take a regular prize, I was informed that it's actually TEN days!

So, I flew out on oct 2nd to Okinawa, stayed there, it was a blast...picked up a cold, so now I feel like fecal matter, but now I'm in Tokyo until Sunday 12th! Tomorrow's Tokyo game show (I work in video game industry) and 2 days after that are sight seeing and etc.

:)

I'd offer to bring stuff back for people, but my list is already super long, and I won't have the luggage space :( But the experience alone is worth it!)

Plus, it's all paid for. Hotels, meals, etc.

おめでとう!

If you visit the giant mall next to the train station in Nakano, look for the car model shop on the 3rd floor. They have some awesome Z stuff I have not seen anywhere else. (I only partially cleaned him out.)

おめでとう!

If you visit the giant mall next to the train station in Nakano, look for the car model shop on the 3rd floor. They have some awesome Z stuff I have not seen anywhere else. (I only partially cleaned him out.)

Right now I'm in Shubya district, so i'll have to see where that is :) going to akibara in 2 days though

Right now I'm in Shubya district, so i'll have to see where that is :) going to akibara in 2 days though

You're at the right place at the wrong time...Shibuya has some of the most amazing clubs in the world. Check out Womb if you have time!

And if you're still in Tokyo on Sunday, go back to Akihabara and Harajuku and bring a camera. It is total insanity.

Also...if they still have the full-size initial d simluator in the Sega center in Akiba, please take some pics.

Head down to Roppongi to check out the clubs too! Of all things, you may want to stop at a book store to check out the latest copy of Japanese Nostalgic Car or Lightning Vintage Auto. Tamiya also makes a 1/12 model of a ZG/Rally Z that I've only seen in Japan, I picked up two for about 7800Y apiece, probably wouldn't be too hard to find in a model store.

Akiabara is awesome! Be sure to spend more time than i did there (just a few hours). The place i never did get to go to when i was in Tokyo was Roppongi. Sounds like its a really interesting place.

I stayed in the Shinjuku-ku disterict. Shibuya i remember was a pretty cool spot too. I think the Yokohama area was my favorite of all. Be sure to see the tallest building in Japan. (I think the top floor is like the 68 or 69th floor) but It is TOTALLY worth the view! Also there is a super-autobacs in Yokohama about 2 blocks away from that building.

I took some pictures here. Not much, but i was only there for a day and a half. lol.

Link 1

Link 2