HybridZ

DC Water Jet's 202mph Z-Car

The Mickey Thompson drag radials started having having belt shifting after 10 runs over 250mph, many runs over 200mph, and more than a few donuts.

We started some inquiries with manufacturers a couple of years ago and a few prototypes have shown up but mum's the word at this point until a design is finalized and tested.

Edited by HowlerMonkey

• 4 weeks later...

Back from the salt with mixed feelings, I bumped the record to 212mph, ran 215mph average between the 4 and 5 mile with an exit speed of 219mph. Put one of our crew guys in to drive and he ran a 224mph with a 226mph exit speed. on the return run i think he ran a 215mph and the record averaged out to a 220mph and some change. Then i got back in the car and was at 203mph at the 3 mile and then spun the car. Have a few videos and pic to post later.

So all in all i guess it was a good trip (2 records) but fell short of my 225mph goal. Maybe next year.

Can always just hang around for a couple of weeks in Wendover...World of Speed is September 14-17, right?

:D

<edit> STILL in the Philippines, but headed to Malaysia later today. And so starts the slooooow trip back to the USA in time for the previously mentioned engagement...

Edited by Tony D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So how did the changes to the nose affect your car? Was it more stable?

I think it had to of helped but there are so many other factors to consider.

Traction and i had a 14mph side wind on one of my runs .

We will go at it again in 2012, no major changes for 2012,we have plenty of power its just keeping it straight.

maybe some more weight, not sure yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...