HybridZ

Cutting out the roll pan

My $.02 input for this thread comes from other forums I'm on. Much like how Scott has cut a small section and put a grill over it to allow the air to flow through the rollpan many high-hp civic's and other imports do the exact same thing as seen below, albeit much more extreme in some cases.

67sqhiq.jpg

I've seen some people report decent improvements in ET's with them due to not having the 'parachute' effect... apples and oranges to our cars I'm sure. Babysteps - I'd say try this first, and when it doubt, cut 'er all out and see what happens.

Those large holes are better than nothing but would create a lot of turbulence in the air passing through them. But if such holes do result in an improvement then it seems to follow that cutting the panel away completely would result in an even better improvement.

The alternative is to redo the panel to reduce the amount of air that could be trapped there in the first place. Like bjhines has suggested and ZR8ED has done.

When mine was cut away as in the pic on p.1 the long term plan was to fit a diffuser there.

This is the bottom of an M3, sure making up stuff like this for the Zed wouldn't be all that tricky - just go on the same princibal as below and what Bjhines said - just try and get the bottom of the Zed as smooth as possible!!!

Is it just me - or is there some sort of rear diffuser there???

jackpoints.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHUwydi15TAF05Gzi5tWJWPZJhIHQ

arn't the tires on wrong in that pic?

Don't know if that pic was of a real car, may have been the underside of a matchbox car :-)!!!

This is a bit off-topic,

But, 260DET was looking through another thread and you mentioned you stuffed the front end form an S14 into your 280zx? was that a straight bolt in? you use the steering rack as well from the S14?