HybridZ

Gonna order RB26 today but got some ?'s

ktown z

Well I have decide on the Rb26 with Rb25 tranny and will be ordering it today. I will be going with the full mckinney swap kit to make my life alot easier. How much does the RB26 motor weigh and what is the nissan part number for the oil pan that bolts up and works with this kit? I've tried the search for the weight but only found the weight of the heads. Thanks.

You need to find a z31 rb20 oil pan (11110-20P00)with the rear sump. Also need to get the matching pickup (15050-20P03) for it. You can get them both from Courtesy NIssan ( www.nissanparts.cc ) for about $200. May also want to get the pickup O-ring (15059-V5001). It will probably take a while to get it in since it will more than likely be coming from overseas.

Well I hope everything works out. You guys have really gotten me scared on my purchase, especially since it is a 30 day start up warrenty and it will be in my garage for longer. Did you say you purchased your last engine from JDM-Miami or from Miami the city?

I ordered it off of ebay from jdm miami. From the pics it looks to be in really great condition but I should find out later this week when it arrives. I came with the RB26 and RB25 tranny for a complete swap for 4500.

Let me know if you want to unload that rb26 trans that you can't use.

PM me if interested... thanks :icon14:

Well I hope everything works out. You guys have really gotten me scared on my purchase, especially since it is a 30 day start up warrenty and it will be in my garage for longer. city?

Get it checked out straight away. My motor had a cracked block. Even though people say the blocks are bullet proof I have personally now seen 6 with cracked blocks in WA (Aust) alone. My radiator had oily brown poop in it and the supplier (In Sydney) said it was one of the best motors he'd seen - just bullsh#t. (see my website). This I now find out is very common as the Asian boys and girls dont maintain the antifreeze and therefore the blocks crack. Unfortunately for you, you have to pull the motor down and have the block crack tested (xrayed) to find it - we pumped up my block to some horrendous pressure and that didnt show the crack. It was when it was being machined that the cracks became obvious. Just check the oil, look in the oil filler cap for water/oil/slime. Good luck!

The motor and tranny were suppose to be delivered today but didn't. I checked the tracking number and it was at a loading dock about 1.5 hours away. I called the loading dock and they stated that they couldn't ship the package because it was leaking oil and will deliver it tomorrow. I contacted the company I bought the motor from and they stated it should not be leaking oil and to inspect the pallet for damage and that is was shrink wrapped in red shrink wrap with no tears or openings. If there is any damage to the pallet or shrink wrap to not accept the package and send it back. Lets cross our fingers and pray there is nothing wrong with my motor.

Potentially here starts the bulldust from the supplier. At least they said to send it back, but no doubt at your cost! I will bet that it hasnt been damaged in transit but rather just the way they have supplied it. Be interested to hear your next feedback.

I got the motor today and it was damaged during shipping. The red shink wrap was just layed ontop of the motor, the pallet was busted in two and the oil feed turbo lines were damaged by the turbo housing (source of the oil spill). The shipping company took full blame and admitted it was damaged during shipping. I contacted the supplier and he stated he needs pictures and a copy of the invoice to do an insurance claim. He is very cooperative so far and stated he will replace the broken parts. So the drama continues.