HybridZ

mopar questions ??

melma!

does anyone know what the engine wiring modifications it would take for a

318 in a early 260z. and i was also wondering if there was any pictures of transmission mounts for I believe a 727 (only using till I get enough$$$ for the r134 swap). and maybe measurements of motor mounts,tranny mounts, and driveshaft.

thanks -matt

yeah ive looked thru the forum and i know how to get the motor and tranny in. I just dont know the wiring modifications like, where to hook the positive wire of my coil to on the 318. it was on the dizzy for the l26 and it was the only wire that hooked up there. but the 318 has like 3 wires that come off the distributor.

there are also no measurements on the forum for this mod. So in case no one wrote the measurements down, once i get her runnin ill

post them somewhere.

and no one posted pics of tranny mounts, so ill put those on too when its done.

I know wiring is pretty basic stuff I just have never done a swap before. so instead of me messing up my whole wiring harness I was hoping one of the dudes that had done it before could help

yeah ive looked thru the forum and i know how to get the motor and tranny in. I just dont know the wiring modifications like, where to hook the positive wire of my coil to on the 318. it was on the dizzy for the l26 and it was the only wire that hooked up there. but the 318 has like 3 wires that come off the distributor.

there are also no measurements on the forum for this mod. So in case no one wrote the measurements down, once i get her runnin ill

post them somewhere.

and no one posted pics of tranny mounts, so ill put those on too when its done.

I know wiring is pretty basic stuff I just have never done a swap before. so instead of me messing up my whole wiring harness I was hoping one of the dudes that had done it before could help

Your mopar distributor should have 2 wires coming off get a manual any 72-89 dodgefullsize car/truck would work and find out what kind of wires they are and go from there. or run MSD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

got a chevy 400 and it was garbage so nevermind that idea. the mopar will still be easier. also i took another look and im a retard i guess i was just freakin out so yeah sorry... now the hard part is pullin the 318 out of the van?

• 1 month later...
i was thinkin about that and just got lost in that thread so im thinkin a mopar a833 trans

I would recommend either a 727 or an A833. You will need to purchase an aftermarket shifter like a B&M that uses a cable linkage. They come with brackets that will get the geomtry on the shifts correct. You will also need to look at one of the cable kickdown conversions or run a full manual valve body because the rod likely will not fit in the tunnel. Most of the racing guys prefer the 727 because the internal are lighter than the a833. If you want a 4 speed you will need to do an a833 though, but it will probably cost you time in the quarter.

you can also look at the darts dusters with the 4 speeds they will be od though but that may help you if you wanted overdrive . or as mentioned you can get a 727,but the only thing with that is there is no OD

A518 could work it comes in quite a few dodge trucks Daks,vans etc 4th has a big OD ratio i think its .68 i could be wrong though.but it something like that

The 518 is basically a 727 with with an elec. OD on the end of it

heres more info on the swap:http://www.transmissioncenter.net/SwapInformation.htm

kickdown http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEtkdc.asp

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Know of any bellhousings that would work on a R154 to bolt up to a mopar 400?...looking at options for a transmission to go into a z32

Never have heard of one ,but you can check quicktime bellhousings they willhave BHs for the more common tremecs and six speed application..btw this 400 you are using is it stock ? all most all 400s are smog motors 8:1 compression,but respond well to Stroking.. a more modern piston would help it.. A 360LA or MAgnum would be lighter more powerful alternative just my JMHO

Never have heard of one ,but you can check quicktime bellhousings they willhave BHs for the more common tremecs and six speed application..btw this 400 you are using is it stock ? all most all 400s are smog motors 8:1 compression,but respond well to Stroking.. a more modern piston would help it.. A 360LA or MAgnum would be lighter more powerful alternative just my JMHO

its stock for now im just looking for a replacment for the vg...after its in ill either stroke it to 451 or supercharge or turbo it...havent decided

• 2 months later...