HybridZ

Z31 VH45DE and Z33 trans swap...

dr_boost

Hey guys I'm new to the board.I've got an '84 300ZX turbo that I've been in the process of resto-modding for a year or so now.Recently I got it inspected at a friend of mine's shop, and he made me an offer that I couldn't pass up on a VH45DE that's in pristine shape, all of the electrical bits that came from the Q45 donor, and a Z33 6 speed tranny.He was originally planning on TTing it, but my plans would be to drop it in my car NA and do the ITB setup on it.However I have a few questions and any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.My questions are the following....

1.I've never messed with tranny bell housing adapter plates.Other than basically making a plate that changes the bolt pattern of the tranny to match the engine, what else needs done?Do you cut the old flange off and weld the new one on?Or do you use it as a spacer?And if you do, what about the input shaft length and starter issues?

2.Who makes the ITB setup for that engine?

3.Which flywheel would be used for this application?Would I run a Z32 flywheel and pressure plate with a Z33 friction plate and TOB?Or some other conglomeration?

Fabrication will be no big deal for me as I'm a machinist, and my buddy that I share a garage with is a welder.So I'm not new to making things work, just haven't dealt with using transmissions that don't bolt up to the engines directly.Like I said, ANY help would be greatly appreciated even if it's just pointing me in the right direction for info.Thanks!