HybridZ

Weather Stripping

plexus

I have looked all around and cant find the molded weather stripping for my 280zx(82). Am i to beleave that the weather stripping for the zx is the same as a z(280z,260,240, etc), since most other componets are interchangeable between the the different series of the two different body types.

they are NOT the same. ZX stripping is hard to find...but I think there are several threads here if you search - that show alternatives - using hardware store issue stripping to do the job.

Let us know what you find....I'll need to do it someday....

• 1 month later...

I need weather stripping like 2 years ago when it started to rain not only in my lap, but also down the back of my neck. ****Note to anyone else who thinks that maybe a little clear silicone will patch up the leaks in the weatherstripping...................It Doesn't Work.

• 5 weeks later...

Coincidentally, I just posted a Q to ZMOW about this on zcar.com about 20 minutes ago. There was a post back in May where he said he was working with Precision to hopefully make a few different body gaskets and weatherstipping pieces one at a time. We'll see what he has to report- Good news hopefully !

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/1/2001755

Mike

If there is one thing that really makes me jealous of the Z guys it's the weather stripping availability for the S30s. There's nothing more depressing than finding a puddle of water on your rusting floorboards after a rain shower knowing you'll be spending lot of time and effort on fixing them in the near future. I envy being able to buy a complete body gasket kit for a couple hundred bucks when that wouldn't even cover a single ZX door ! *sob*. I guess I'll just have to drive on sunny days and keep the Z under the carport until the day come that the weather stripping is affordable :-)

Mike

If there is one thing that really makes me jealous of the Z guys it's the weather stripping availability for the S30s. There's nothing more depressing than finding a puddle of water on your rusting floorboards after a rain shower knowing you'll be spending lot of time and effort on fixing them in the near future. I envy being able to buy a complete body gasket kit for a couple hundred bucks when that wouldn't even cover a single ZX door ! *sob*. I guess I'll just have to drive on sunny days and keep the Z under the carport until the day come that the weather stripping is affordable :-)

Mike

AMEN, brother!

Mike

I agree with you, however I find it a lil harder to find since my ZX is not T-Tops

• 1 month later...

Guys.... I just posted a set in Ebay.....pulled them out from 1980 280ZX 10thAE with low miles and garaged(still soft).

Took me two houres to pull them out...inch by inch and got them out with no tears or any thing else.Here is the link.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230328856891&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&viewitem=

The listing will explane every thing.

Thanks

Recently, purchased the door weatherstrips (34-1082 & 1083) for $299 each side from MSA, not as listed in catalogue. Also, recently, purchased 3 of the four WS for the front windshield for $149 from Gary at Jonesboro Nissan. Purchased extras from Chris (ckelly78z) who currently has two ZXTs in parts-for-sale. Hope this helps.

I found that my t-tops leaked between the seals and the body. I pulled off the seals very carefully, so as not to tear them, then cleaned everything very well. Sealed it all back up with black RTV, and no more leaks!

What worries me finding a decently priced source for the rear hatch glass weather stripping. I'm not sure I can remove mine to re-seal it without breaking the window. Neither Black Dragon or MSA carry the seal so I can just cut my old one out and use a new one, not worrying about killing my 800$ glass.

Edit: FAST got me part # 90310-P7960. Courtesy Nissan has it for 82$. Ouch. That's the the weather stripping on the rear hatch of my 82 2+2. All S130 2+2s should be the same. 90310-P7900 should be for late 80/81+ two-seaters.

Guys.... I just posted a set in Ebay.....pulled them out from 1980 280ZX 10thAE with low miles and garaged(still soft).

Took me two houres to pull them out...inch by inch and got them out with no tears or any thing else.Here is the link.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230328856891&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&viewitem=

The listing will explane every thing.

Thanks

THANKS! for the weather stipping, AWSOME!!!:twisted: