HybridZ

Which is the best 5-speed manual

Smokescreen

I am working on my '79 and will eventually be doing the turbo L28 swap and my current 5-speed is in shoddy condition. According to my haynes manual This Transmission is not the BW t-5.

1: Does anyone know what transmission came with the 79 280ZX( it is a Cali Car)??

2: Which five speed should I be looking at for the turbo set up that is on the way?

Thanks for any input.

Jason

Well I have been running my BG t5 for a couple years now. I rebuilt it with new bearings and synchros b4 I installed it.

I read all the horror stories about blowing them. But I use it anyway. The gear rattios just feel rite.

I am well tuned to 18.5psi on a t4 compressor. No dyno numbers to back any hp/tq ratings, so I won't even throw a bogus number out there.

I am Hard on my car. On Purpose. I built it and I want to know what is up to the task and what needs the next mod. Also where I drive is Very demanding! To say the least.

I believe what has made my t5 last is no doubt the shifter. I went with a Pro5.0 shifter. It is all billet aluminum and steel. No plastic. Fully adjustable stops that do Not flex. No chance for "over shifting" and I have never missed a shift with the Pro5.0

If you go t5. Don't go without this shifter.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I have been running my BG t5 for a couple years now. I rebuilt it with new bearings and synchros b4 I installed it.

I read all the horror stories about blowing them. But I use it anyway. The gear rattios just feel rite.

I am well tuned to 18.5psi on a t4 compressor. No dyno numbers to back any hp/tq ratings, so I won't even throw a bogus number out there.

I am Hard on my car. On Purpose. I built it and I want to know what is up to the task and what needs the next mod. Also where I drive is Very demanding! To say the least.

I believe what has made my t5 last is no doubt the shifter. I went with a Pro5.0 shifter. It is all billet aluminum and steel. No plastic. Fully adjustable stops that do Not flex. No chance for "over shifting" and I have never missed a shift with the Pro5.0

If you go t5. Don't go without this shifter.

Tony do you have a link to the specific shifter you bought?