HybridZ

I have an idiot manager (daily story time)

auxilary

Today's story: I was working on a project in terms of security, that I wanted to keep on the down low without any info being distributed. I specifically told this idiot FIVE (that's right, 5) times not to discuss it with the company, and especially not to send out any info electronically, ie. email. This was friday.

Naturally, today a coworker comes up and asks me something related to this project, that I know he wasn't supposed to know. I asked him how he knew, and he shows me the email that went out to management about it.

From this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ idiot.

A slew of profanities left my mouth all across the company floor, because this ******* undermined everything I was trying to do. I said "♥♥♥♥ this, I'm done dealing with this ♥♥♥♥"

Then in the 1 on 1 meeting with him, I told him I can no longer communicate with him, and walked out. I'm not planning on ever speaking to him again.

This may put a stop to my stories :(

Maybe you should start managing him.

Considerate it a work around.

Really, did you not know this would potentially happen? Quit trying to beat him one on one, and consider him a problem in a network that just needs to be worked around, knowing its a constant. Your smart enough to do that. In a way he is kinda trumping you at this point.

Not to thread jack, but here is one of my idiot manager scinarios.

I go into the bathroom 30 minutes after my shift starts. I come out of the bathroom to see that someone has clocked me out. I walk over to this idiot manager and say. "Why did you clock me out of my phone" he says "because you were trying to use personal time at the beginning of your shift.. If you want to use time at the beginning of your shift you need to do that stuff before you come into work..". I then say "Excuse me sir but I wasnt just doing "stuff", I was taking a Sh!T" Idiot manager "Go home, you are not allowed to curse at a supervisor" :roll:

Coral Snake Venom in the Coffee...

I could tell you a story about Denial of Medical Treatment in the military by a sadistc SOB of a supervisor...

Matter of fact, I was almost through with it and the thing got eaten...

I can't relive it again right now. Even to this day, my blood pressure rises thinking about it!

Not to thread jack, but here is one of my idiot manager scinarios.

I go into the bathroom 30 minutes after my shift starts. I come out of the bathroom to see that someone has clocked me out. I walk over to this idiot manager and say. "Why did you clock me out of my phone" he says "because you were trying to use personal time at the beginning of your shift.. If you want to use time at the beginning of your shift you need to do that stuff before you come into work..". I then say "Excuse me sir but I wasnt just doing "stuff", I was taking a Sh!T" Idiot manager "Go home, you are not allowed to curse at a supervisor" :roll:

If you ran into work knowing you had to take a crap, you could at least be sincere and see that he's right in what he did.

if he respects the time and money of the person who hired him, clocking you out while you STARTED your shift on the can is exactly what I would have done.

put yourself in the position of the person who pays you, whether it's the manager who clocked you out or otherwise. sure, they may have a lot more money than you do, but that gives you no excuse to receive half of your first hour's wage for having a fight with what you ate for dinner last night.

When my new employer is constantly on the phone trying to tell customers to give him a minute to talk to me, and a computer starts to freeze up, and the network starts to go down, and there is a serious deadline for a huge publication that we can't fault on, I respect the fact that he:

A) does not expect me to answer the office phone, which is something I've been expected to do at all my previous jobs.

B) does not care if I check my email every 30 to 45 minutes for about 1 or 2 minutes at a time (I got my own clients/family that I talk to as well)

C) He's trying hard to GIVE me work to do so that I don't waste his time, and it's really nothing he can prevent.

I usually clock out of my OnTheJob program because I feel that he doesn't deserve to be stripped of 20 or 30 bucks because he hasn't had time to tell me what to do. And in that time, I could be researching other projects we've discussed, but his clients always change their mind. So Instead, I come on HybridZ or other websites I frequent, and I time-out.

If you don't respect the work your boss or manager put in for either you or someone else they work for and with, then you will definitely have more people acting like an anal-orifice towards you.

Something I've learned a year or two ago, when my last employer expected me to do 75 more chores for the measly 75 cent raise he gave me. Needless to say, I left within a month and he has not found anyone with my level of expertise that's willing to take what he's offering since May.

Now onto idiot manager/project coordinator from clients.

I hate it when customers ask us to do websites, and the first thing that we get is a list of "things they would like", but never any content. When building a proper web application, they seem to act as if things are SO easy to integrate and even easier for them to operate.

When building web applications for the end user, the back-end coder is always the one that has to suffer and put in long hours, only to find something doesn't work quite right, or to make it a 20 second operation for their clients to be able to do small things.

Building a specific web application one way, to strict guidelines, only to have someone say "oh, can we insert video there?!", after discussions of "video integration" went down the tubes just weeks prior really gets to people in my field. The worst is when you show a customer a quote for a job in two capacities and they reply with "can I get THAT job, with the OTHER ONE's price?". I think it goes without saying that people want to get more for less. But if clients would just be upfront and get their act together, most of the time they would get EXACTLY what they want for the BEST PRICE possible. I'm with Calgary280ZT on his views on this matter.

I've had the privilige of working with clients who know exactly what they want, are clear, and understand what's being done and how much it costs. And I've learned from my new employer that if a client is giving the run-around it's best to be as polite as possible and tell them you're "not interested in pursuing the following changes, as they were not quoted for in the original project outline and will waste our time, and your money".

Can't get any more clear than that! :D

That is hilarious. You should switch position with him. Looks like he doesn't fit to be a manager if you call him an idiot. I have the same experience and what annoys me most is that my questions are answered back with questions. That is actually not nice.