HybridZ

Video of my VQ35 running :)

240hoke

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would post this here to for some non-tech discussion. I just got the car running this weekend. It's FAR from finished but this was a BIG step for me. The car is running on the factory electronics. This video is from the third startup of the car. Also this motor sat for 4 years before I got it and she started up the first try and ran smooth! The ecu will continue to learn and tweak the map the more I run it. Anyway, I am incredibly stoked....

Thanks for all the compliments guys I'm still stoked about getting the motor running. Ive gotten a lot of remarks on the sound of the engine...but man is it loud in person!

Going to start pushing to finish everything up but the overall goal is still xmas to have everything complete, maybe Ill have a driving video around thanksgiving who knows. Ive been slowly working on this thing every other weekend just about for the past year. Ill be getting a lot of breaks now with the semester almost over so I'm really looking forward to finishing her up.

Thanks again for the compliments guys, I have a walk around video of the car with me babbling I figured most people wouldn't want to see it but if y'all would like to lemme know.

Yasin - Yea shes pretty dern raspy, once everything is together and I get a chance to see how it sounds on the street Ill prolly add a resonator to help mellow out the rasp. As far as power, I think it will be more around 250-60hp range at the wheels. The motor is bone stock right now except for the lack of accessories and an exhaust. I have still not decided what I want to do with the motor. its either eventually going to be N/A or turbo so I gotta keep that in mind before I start modding, a new plenum is first on my list since it will work for both!

IF I stay N/A Ill prolly raise the compression with HR pistons and put cams in it. But for now i just wanna drive and enjoy it, I think a responsive drivable 250hp in a 2000lb car will be a blast and I wont be worried about driving the piss out of it!!