HybridZ

Angle of the attack of a wing on a Z?

• 2 months later...
Guest Widebodys30

I'm glad to see it is of relative quality for the money. I have been looking at a few of these styles of APC, ect., wing for my own car, Modded for a more "seventies" look. You'll see what I mean. Anyways, I was wondering if it was actually an airfoil, not some poorly rendered garbage mainly for "Ricers".

Thanks for posting pics!!

• 1 year later...

Update on the wing. The first year I noticed outside of the mounts it appeared the air was staying mostly attached to the underside. Could tell by the dirty water trails from running in the rain. However the center section appeared to leave spots on the bottom telling me the air wasn't flowing nicely under it. So I made taller extensions. Basically moved the rear ones to the front and made new rear ones to keep the same angle. Also added a

1/2" aluminum angle gurney strip to the top side. My lap times improved this year buts it's hard to say for sure how much the wing adjustments made. During a track day I ran the first session at min angle and the second at max angle. I dropped 1.5 sec off best lap time. Now some may have been the track improved but i'm confident at least some of that was due to steeper wing angle. This is what has me looking more into aero in the other thread.

Cameron