HybridZ

Anybody ever been bitten by a Cricket?

Tony D

I had the wierdest experience today. I was on the jobsite and there are crickets all over the place. They were spraying water on the compressor to keep it cool and running, so the insulation blankets are all waterlogged, and crickets are everywhere... So leaning up against a beam, I feel one of the little buggers jump from the beam onto the back of my head, and then immediately onto my right ear, where he took a BITE, and then jumped onto the ground and scurried off looking for something more paletable, I suppose.

Has anyone else ever been bitten by a Cricket?????:eek2:

Or is this some strange flesh-eating mutation of cricket found only in Java/Indonesia???:?

I've been bitten by many things, and I never thought of a Cricket as being a biter. Thing felt equivalent to the old horsefly bites I would get going down the river on innertubes back in Michigan during the summer. Suprised the hell out of me, that's for sure.

I figure he thought I was something to eat, jumped on for a taste, didn't like it and went on to find something he did like. But damn!

First killer bees and now killer crickets! I cant wait for the movie!!!!

Jiminy goes JERK!

Its like the day when my oldest son...when he was 5...came to me with a little cute green beetle on his thumb. He was terrified of it and asked me to take it of. I calmed him down and explained that cute green bugs dont biet. Guess what....it bit him...wow what a look a betrayel did I get from that little man!

:eek2:

/Peggy Hill Voice/

"I did not know that!"

Cygnus posted: "Normal House crickets are blood thirsty carnivores. They will bite through soft human skin and if the subject is asleep and unaware they will drink their fill of the person's blood. They can not bite through tough skin as on the hands, but any soft, particularly moist skin which eminates the odor of blood within, is prime target for a cricket bite. Many thought this was an old wives tale till numerous crickets were tested, and sure enough they are blood thirsty insects. Also they are known to carry a number of diseases , so this is a matter that should not be overlooked in health issue concerns. Severe infestations should be removed."

Bintang is cooooold, Xander. This side of the island is MUCH nicer than Bandung. They even have cute girls here. It appears to be a totally different place than where I was last time. Google Earth will reveal my whereabouts: Indramayu Indonesia. When you look it up, you will see what looks like a refinery... Matter of fact, the roof you see at the following coordinates is the rain/sun shelter over the compressor:

LAT 6Deg 22' 57.86" S / LON 108Deg 23' 22.19"E

The hotel cabana I'm is can bee seen at:

LAT 6Deg 20' 59.76" S / LON 108Deg 19' 24.51"E

The foliage you see surrounding the cabanas is Mango Trees. They are everywhere, as Indramayu is literally "Mango City"...the roundabout nearest the room coordinates (just down off the bottom of the page depending on how close you zoomed to find my room!) has a statue in the center of it WITH THREE GIANT MANGOES ON TOP. Kind of reminds me of the 'Boll Weevil' Statue down south in the USA. Strange thing to see a statue of: Fruit.:?

This Google Earth thing is cool. I've been 'following myself' and marking compressor locations as I go along. Xander, you know my address, type that into Google Earth and you can keep track of goings-on in the garden. Last I checked, I could see my Red 260 2+2 in the back!

"Big Brother" indeed! LOL