HybridZ

Y44 nissan presidant in 260z

MuNKeY

hey all - just wondering if any one in australia would have one of these or even a spare/old y44 or parts or any info on where i can get some gear for one.

i recently installed one, but i have since run into some encounters - big end bearings etc.

if anyone can help i would be seriously appreciative.

cheers all.

I have complete y44 with celica 5 speed and brass button clutch hand built extractors holley 600 dp carb pirranha electronic igition and falcon alternator plus mounts ready to bolt into 240z 260z with complete engine gasket kit and twin 2" stainless exhaust to suit 240z with this engine $1700 the lot

it did have problem which i never solved seemed to have rev limiter at 5500 rpm just went flat changed every thing ignition carb never got rid of it guessing it was valves or valves springs might be able to make good motor out of the 2

luv to see it in another zed

not sure on freight to wa though

pic of engine in car

11993nissan_v8_cleaned_up[1]_thumb.jpg

hey another question zed240au - like how well did that setup go? cos i have a 465 holley on mine - and could not get the secondaries to fire up and have similar issue with the 5500 rpm limit...did you ever get it on a dyno ? how well did it run in general?

only reason why i want to keep this setup was for the fact its all nissan etc.

Trying to chase the rev limit issue i changed to 600 vacum secondary holley it was dyno tuned and was running electronic igition by then but rev limit stayed

Later tuned 600 vacum secondary with old guy just tuning it by plug and drive method came down 60 main jet sizes and it ran so crisp was real good same guy suggested the 600 double pumper which he fitted ran good but i reckon felt crisper with the 600 vacum secondary carb

Car was good ran 14 sec quarters and good times at local track

Understand the nissan thing but i just wanted more hp and the rev limit issue just wore me down in the end thats why i went for the ls1 chev option

was always gonna take the heads off and port them plus hotten the cam up a bit there a really strong engine sure they could make good hp with bit of development

Im in tasmania bit of a problem i know but anyway offer is there happy to help anyway i can Mate locally is pretty keen to fit the nissan v8 into his 260c but hasnt done anything for ages

Mick

hey yea the car is on www.ozdat.com + www.wazregister.com

i just wanted to know if your able to get parts for this engine mate?

if you can could you please let me know?

cheers!

I can tell you the part numbers for whatever it is you need and you can go to nissan to get them, just like the big end bearings i posted.

zed240au, could you email or private message me your details and good time i or my mechanic could contact you regarding this topic.

freight looks like its gonna be round $1000 mark. :'(

but i still would need details like your location, weight dimensions etc. to get exact... they are working off $2.20/kg

cheers man, you reckon you can get gasket and timing chain?

here is the timing chain:

croppercapture_44_834.jpg

here is the valvetrain break down:

croppercapture_49_189.jpg

here is the gasket set, there are different models for different years:

croppercapture_43_749.jpg

here is the breakdown of what you get, individual parts are listed. if you need individuals, let me know by 5 digit number:

croppercapture_47_979.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

would be able to palletise motor and gearbox take gearbox off and sit side by side with engine so would fit on std pallet 1.1 x 1.1 x .8 metres would be shocked if cost more than $300 with frieght can check from this end sent gearbox to perth 2 years ago for $145 can deliver to freight company depot in devonport tasmania

exhuast would be only issue if you wanted it but still could mark and cut it you could re weld over there

have pvt messaged my phone and email

mick