HybridZ

I've gone Haltech.

big-phil

I'm building another motor, forged pistons, H beam rods, ported P90 head, lightened flywheel. Anywho on this new motor I wanted a more sequential injection setup.

I bought a Haltech E6K, with Loom, and laptop on e-bay. Chris (turbo240z) and myself hooked it up thursday.

The main reason I went with the e6k is because its what Chris runs. He knows it inside and out, so I felt comfortable switching. We took my e6k, hooked it to his car, downloaded his program into it, and started his car on my haltech. Then uploaded his tune to my laptop.

We had to lean out the fuel maps, I have RC750cc's Chris has RC550cc's And its running without a hitch.

I will be posting my megasquirt, relay board, loom, and some supra 440cc injectors soon for sale.

Way to go, I recently got a Motec to replace my Megasquirt. Still in the installing stage, but I know I wont regret it. What CAS are you using? I have taken the optical disc out of a RB30 distributor and put it in place of my L28 optical Disc. Lines up perfectly (Thanks for standardizing Nissan).

All those 'high grade' Aftermarket Vendors out there need to be very careful about dissing Megasquirt---here are a couple of prime examples of 'starter systems' where someone started with a Megasquirt, and eventually moved on to another system.

What differences / improvements / problems have you encountered with the swap, compared with the MS, Phil?

all the problems I've ever had with megasquirt turned out to be my fault. The latest problem I had with resets was fixed by me shielding the signal wire from the dizzy. Megasquirt seems to be very sensitive to "NOISE"? The haltech is easier just because the tach wire, out puts, are all there in the wire harness. Megasquirt is easy also but you'll need to "build" the outputs.

I do like megasquirts virtual gauges, and tunning. Maybe because I'm so used to it? The Haltech e6k is a DOS based program, so it does'nt have the bling MS does.

The semi sequential injection makes the motor run very smooth. I'm still in the tuning stage, so I have not been able to beat on the motor yet.

The MAIN reson I bought the haltech was because thats what Chris (turbo240z) is running. His car is the real deal. A ride in his, then in mine, and you can't help but want to do whatever he did.

I always carried my laptop in the car with me when having MS. I was worried it would get some "NOISE", then reset, and I'd have to reflash the firmware. Mind you I've drivin my car for over a year with no problems, then take off the manifold or something, then I would have problems. Shielding the signal wire from the dizzy is key to having a worry free MS system, I think.

Hi Phil,

Small world I guess. I bought this car last week

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=132313

drove it one time.... and noticed

1) At lower speeds it runs rich (I think)

2) When the turbo kicks in there are some noises I am not familiar with (turbo, blowoff, but mainly a large squealing noise)

3) It is VERY fast :)

I went straight to youtube to go find some turbo Zs just to listen to the sounds it is supposed to make, and ended up watching your Z vids. Good stuff! Hopefully the squeal is just the AC unit but I have 2 leaky injectors, so I will fix them before I go again.

Anyway, do you still have the megasquirt? If so can you let me know how much you want for it?

Thanks,

Steve

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...