HybridZ

Pics Of My Mandrel 3.5" Exhaust with Burns Muffler

slownrusty

Hi Gang - Finally put an exhaust on my car!! Its is an all mandrel system. The downpipe is 3" and then it transitions up to 3.5", from which point it is 3.5" all the way to the tip. It took just over 8hours to fab and was done by one of the skilled fabricators here in town. He was able to take the 3.5" over the axle so there is lots of ground clearance and its nicely tucked as well.

The Downpipe came out great and has three bungs for the 02, data logging and a spare gauge.

The muffler is from Burns and, it is 3.5" in diameter as well and 16" long and weighs only a hair over 3lbs (!!), the coolest Mufflers I have ever bought. It can be re-packed and rebuilt.

The tip is from Magnaflow.

Car sounds angry but not overbearing, has a great rumble to it.

Pics:

342160573.jpg

342160579.jpg

342338023.jpg

342338035.jpg

342338041.jpg

342338046.jpg

342338049.jpg

Tight Squeeze over the axle:

342338030.jpg

Regards- Yasin

Sweet job! I'm envious, wish I was this far along!

The muffler is from Burns and, it is 3.5" in diameter as well and 16" long and weighs only a hair over 3lbs (!!), the coolest Mufflers I have ever bought.

I'd also wager the most expensive as well?

Sweet! The 3.5" fits in there pretty good.

So it's not too loud? Thats a relief to me, since your Burns muffler looks even more straight-through than my oval Borla XR-1!

Hugh - No its not loud at all. You can definitely have a civil conversation in the car, but the Mustang sitting next to you at the light, knows there is something lurking under the hood..:)

And I thought JeffP's was a tight fit in some places!

Tony - Yup its tight all right!!

Sweet job! I'm envious, wish I was this far along!

I'd also wager the most expensive as well?

Believe it or not only $250 direct from Burns, not anymore than many mufflers. Great price and excellent product.

Looks like it tucks up there nicely.

Good job :)

Thanks!! Mike.

Regards - Yasin

Yasin,

WOWZERS! :rockon: Very nice, and very tight… Looks good.

Plenty of O2 bung ports, one for the Wide band, one for the Narrow band and one for the…. Tall or Short band right? :lmao:

I like the slim and curvy band. :icon14:

keeps my air/fuel ratios pegged at STOOOOICH! all the time.

Yasin,

WOWZERS! :rockon: Very nice, and very tight… Looks good.

Plenty of O2 bung ports, one for the Wide band, one for the Narrow band and one for the…. Tall or Short band right? :lmao:

Paul - Thanks buddy!!! One each for Ringo, John, Paul and possibly George..LOL

hey yasin,

is that mig welded? btw, jover papag says hi (if you remember him from the corolla boards)

Raff - Yup all mig welded and tell Jover to drop me a line and I say "hey Hey"!!!

do you have a vid or the exhaust on your car? it came out nice :)

Coming soon!

Regards - Yasin

• 2 months later...

Ay, that was a great video, but what a TEASE... five minutes of you describing your car (don't get me wrong, it was a welcome refresher on what you had done thus far, and I liked seeing your car) and then 15 seconds of idling and some mild cold revs with the camera right behind the pipe on the ground... Not to bust your back, but You could pick up the camera and step away while it warms up a bit, then walk back to it and hang the camera out the door while you hit the gas pedal to give us a GREAT idea what it sounds like.. but just FYI, dropping the camera there winds up with the poorest sound quality for exhaust notes on alot of these digital cameras.

I can't tell you why so many people do it anyhow, and I hate to preach about it, but next time, walking around while idling, and then getting some hot revs from a decent distance *usually* winds up with the best sound capture.

B-E-A-UTIFUL car though.. white, well flared, shaved upper side trim line, early model B pillar covers, and that maroon interior is the only Z interior color other than black and white I have ever been able to STAND, and then only really on a white car. (Me eldest brudder's 280ZX was the first ZX I was exposed to, and it was 82 NA white/red int.)