HybridZ

List a car on ebay for $500, sell it for 250k.

auxilary

Wow. I think everyone wishes they could fall into money that easily. I know it's got heritage etc, but that sort of coin for cars like that blows my mind. It's still a rusty old tempest. I mean if it had sentimental value then cool, but I guess to some people with millions it's just a drop in the bucket.

It'll be neat to see it restored and the full story though, quite a rich history there.

Wow. I think everyone wishes they could fall into money that easily. I know it's got heritage etc, but that sort of coin for cars like that blows my mind. It's still a rusty old tempest. I mean if it had sentimental value then cool, but I guess to some people with millions it's just a drop in the bucket.

It'll be neat to see it restored and the full story though, quite a rich history there.

Believe me... With the history on that car, It will be worth close to that in the end. I'm sure the guy who bought it knows full well what to do with it.

Sorry I missed that , still what would it be worth restored?

Im sorry can someone explain this to me? Why did someone pay so much for this car? I looks like junk

well, if you read the links and auction, you might get an idea. very simple:

hint: if there is very little of something, it's very valuable.

hint: if there is very little of something, it's very valuable.

Not true. By that simple maxim, a verifiable US-Market 260Z should be more valuable that many other models of S30. They're not...

There are plenty of things out there that were one or two-of's and aren't worth squat.

If someone places value on it, then it becomes valuable.

Simply being one-of-a-kind does not impart value in and of itself.

There are other factors that build into it's value.

I could go political in recent events for more recent flagrant examples...but it's a no-no!:D

Sorry I missed that , still what would it be worth restored?

Im sorry can someone explain this to me? Why did someone pay so much for this car? I looks like junk

If you ever saw a Barrett-Jackson auction on SPEED you would understand, American Musscle with history sells for lots of $$$. These rich boys with these extensive collections pay top dollor for historically significant cars. 1 of 6 and most likely the last survivor has value, not to me and you but to a Pontiac guy....Lots of value.

This is only one of the recent historically significant autos to surface lately. It is remarkable that it sold for that kind of money , especially since it didnt have a motor or trans. It is a part of racing history. As to everyones views of the auction price, I believe the owner of the Devin bodied early racing Ferrari chassis that was on Ebay a couple of years ago said it best ," Its good that its going to someone who has the resources to properly restore this car back to its former glory. I would have never been able to complete the restoration this car so deserves. Once it is completed and shared with the rest of the world ,we all benefit." While this isnt an exact quote , the logic of the statement is clear.

I also believe that the question pondered by the new owner was "Is this auto worthy of the investment of $?,???,???.00. " Once that question is resolved, the rest of the purchase price is easy to determine. The proper restoration of this car is going to be a major challenge ,even to the top professional restorers . I'm currently starting the restoration of a historically significant custom for the mid 50's, that shares a similar condition and can tell you the task is not for the easily discouraged.

Believe me... With the history on that car, It will be worth close to that in the end. I'm sure the guy who bought it knows full well what to do with it.

No no, I fully understand that. It's great to see someone preserve the pedigree of this car and return it to its roots. It's always neat to follow up on old historic stuff too, just the figures always blow my mind what people are willing to pay for what is realistically rusty metal.