HybridZ

Reprogram ECU

rosemary 280z

Here is one for DIY tunability... http://nistune.com/

I have not used it but am considering this upgrade for my 89 240SX KA24ET. I understand its very good. I dont believe they have a board for your 280Z but you may want to check in case an option is in the works. They have a forum.

While on this topic...no hyjack intended..can anyone confirm if Tunerpro and Nistune is based on the same program? It sure looks like it from the screenshots. www.Tunerpro.net

To use Nisstune on an L-6 EFI you have to upgrade the ECU to at least a Z31 ECU with appropriate wiring modifications.

If you wan't coil on plug, then there are other ECUs that can be adapted to the L-6 as well to use a Nissan ECU and harness.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a new setup going on my car. I decided the 92-94 Nissan Maxima VE30DE ECU is the winner. The system is totally sequiebtial for the injectors and the coils.

I built my own harness and did the install. After I was able to resize for the injectors and for the MAF, then pull latency and K value out the car runs not bad at all for what little tuning I have done.

So far, this ECU looks really promissing. I did some bench testing of the unit and found that the unit will spin to 12,000 RPM's and then it loses it's marbles, but how many engines out there are going to spin to 12K? Anyway, this unit works very well to this point, and you can get Nistune for it for tuning. Sounds good to me.

I just got a new setup going on my car. I decided the 92-94 Nissan Maxima VE30DE ECU is the winner. The system is totally sequiebtial for the injectors and the coils.

I built my own harness and did the install. After I was able to resize for the injectors and for the MAF, then pull latency and K value out the car runs not bad at all for what little tuning I have done.

So far, this ECU looks really promissing. I did some bench testing of the unit and found that the unit will spin to 12,000 RPM's and then it loses it's marbles, but how many engines out there are going to spin to 12K? Anyway, this unit works very well to this point, and you can get Nistune for it for tuning. Sounds good to me.

So did you give up on the redline setup Jeff?

• 5 months later...

bringing back up an old thread. I have a rb25det in a 240sx. Im using the ve30de maxima ecu and nistune also. Iam having some trouble in the tuning area. I cant get my wide open throttle figured out as soon as the car sees boost it goes full lean no matter what. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Post the binfile, datalog and afr's. From your description it sounds like you've either disabled the tps enrich or need to adjust it for the setup. The table labeled as fuel increase or accel increase is based on rpm and tps voltage. When the set tps voltage is crossed, the last load column in the fuel map is accessed. Make sure that the wideband afr's match the fuel map afr's as well.