HybridZ

Do I have the correct rear transverse link mount??

I am following the R200 swap procedure from Zhome (http://www.zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/R200.htm) and it says I need the rear transverse link mount from an r200 equip 280Z. It shows a view of the mount in a 240Z and it is straight and then a view of the mount in the 280Z and how it is curved to go around the longer r200. I just crawled under my 73 240Z and the mount in my car is curved....?? does this mean I already have the correct mount? did the later years of the 240 come with the curved mount that is in the 280? Also, does this mean I have the correct mustache bar already?

I will proceed with swapng the diff and I suppose I will have the answer myself soon enough but wanted to get some knowedge from the pros on this oddity.

Thanks

Sounds to me like you're good to go! If the wrong mustache bar is being used though (link was changed but the mustache bar was not), the differential will still be forward of a location that will allow the axles to be straight out the sides of the differential. This would also be indicated by a great deal of clearance between your curved link and the rear cover.

I am following the R200 swap procedure from Zhome (http://www.zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/R200.htm) and it says I need the rear transverse link mount from an r200 equip 280Z. It shows a view of the mount in a 240Z and it is straight and then a view of the mount in the 280Z and how it is curved to go around the longer r200. I just crawled under my 73 240Z and the mount in my car is curved....?? does this mean I already have the correct mount? did the later years of the 240 come with the curved mount that is in the 280? Also, does this mean I have the correct mustache bar already?

I will proceed with swapng the diff and I suppose I will have the answer myself soon enough but wanted to get some knowedge from the pros on this oddity.

Thanks

Dumb question: Is your differential cover rectangular or rounded? Make sure you really have an R180. There are other differentials that could have been made to work. Putting a 280Z R200 and its mustache bar should be a bolt in job unless someone has messed with your 73.

Well, thanks for putting it so flippantly ;) I suppose it would be dumb if it were that simple and I could have mentioned that I did check and yes the diff in the 240 is an r180. Just was thrown off by the zhome swap page that says the transverse link mount should be straight in the 240 and mine is curved.

Anyway, swap is basically done. still have to run to pick n pull and get the mustache bar.

Heres another question (possibly dumb). Does anyone know the compressed and extended lengths of the half shafts from the 280Z (1st gen)? I want to make sure mine are from a 280 (got the on craigslist already pulled) cus they seem to be the same length as the ones I pulled from my 240. i.e. all 4 are the same exact length..? I read that the 2 from the 280 are shorter and different lengths from each other. I'm going to pull another set tomorrow but wanted to check first.

Thanks