HybridZ

Twin Turbo L28et manifold. Good deal?

big-phil

What happened is whoever built the manifold, had them come straight out the head, and didnt make clearence for the intake runners, so then they smashed in the runners with a hammer. It should of been built to come out of the head, already at a downward angle. Basicly poor mockup and fabrication.

What happened is whoever built the manifold, had them come straight out the head, and didnt make clearence for the intake runners, so then they smashed in the runners with a hammer. It should of been built to come out of the head, already at a downward angle. Basicly poor mockup and fabrication.

I was wondering why 3 and 4 were squished in like that!! Makes sense. For $300 you did pretty good Phil! And to think he was only in El Paso. If this guy was running 10s, one question and one comment:

1) Why is he not on HybridZ?

2) That ZX must have been crazy!

Yasin

BTW, I do not think it was a bad deal to buy either. Modify those two pipes, and run two twins, then when you go to the local car hang out all the tuner guys can go oooooohhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, twin turbo! And how do I know this? :) .

I agree with 1 fast Z, Phil just get some affordable China Turbos and take it to town.:-D

Alex

I was thinking the same when looking at the bent in tubes. He had to clear the intake. And I also thought of the oooooohhh, aaaaaaawwwwwww factor having a twin turbo. I have a buddy that has a tig and could probably fix the bent in spots??

I was going to ask you guys before I bought it, but then a bidding war might ensue:icon12:

uhhh... if the tubes were bent to clear the intake manifold, then the options are

A. Different intake manifold or

B. New tubes

Hasn't this exhaust manifold surfaced in the past?? The Ebay seller has a +1 feedback rating, and for all we know that came from our Dear Little Friend, bigphil. (We all love ya guy ;)) Not to rain on any parades, I just caught a whiff of fishy is all. Hopefully I am being overly paranoid.

What *I* would do if I were holding this piece, is first, mock it up on a car with turbos. Check clearances on fender side and on block side, and if all is groovy, I would remove the flange, and tilt the entire manifold ever so slightly down/towards the block. Repair/replace dented in tubes, and re weld the flange. This give you the clearance on the intake manifold runners, increases distance between turbo heat and intake aluminum, and should help allow you to fit larger turbochargers on there without interfering with steering or hitting the frame.

Then again, that is SUPER easy to say when I didn't just drop 300 buxx0rs on the bloody thing :lol:

I was struggling with his 1 feedback rating also. He sold a TT set up for a Z32. The guy got it, and left the 1 feedback. I truly hate buying from anyone with feedback that low.

What if I cut the underside of the bent pipe and added stainless to the underside? I really need to have it in my hands to see whats up.

First hurdle is will it clear the steering?