HybridZ

Newbie L30ET Build

EvilC

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man just becareful! Dont try to start too many things at once!! its fun spending money and new parts are shiny an all but do one thing at a time!! I would just rebuild the engine first, the stock intakes and head work are not quite necessary for the L28 since its so small the stock work fine for up to like a 3.0 liter? Porting is not as important as just simply cleaned threads, a cam, new guides etc and some tight springs. Looks good man but i think about what ur spending $$ on an it should start simple you already spent $900 on stuff not even installed yet!! looks good so far man but slow down and i hope to God that you bagged your screws

Thans for the input. Trust me that I am not just throwing money away. One reason why this motor build is going slow is because I am doing more reading than spending money. Also the L30 build is basically to be a little different. Cost isn't really an issue here......there is no rush in having this motor done.

small_subtle_facepalm.png

You haven't seen his other car I take it...

642660412_CjcRV-L.jpg

Here is the original post for you to re-read:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=957509&postcount=1

Flat, thanks man. :mrgreen:

I agree with the idea of not doing too many projects at once. However, Clive seems to have the natural ability to handle multiple, complex projects, with interweaving timelines, all on a tight budget. Signs of a good project engineer.

Dave, this is how I stay busy. I wish I could just do one thing at a time!

Flat, thanks man. :mrgreen:

I really do admire your work, everything turns out great, and I've always wanted an LSX car!! [Hoping to do an LS3 swap after University]

Can't wait to see what you do with this motor, and that reworked P90 is to die for [At least for us L6 folk haha].

Man, it really says something about a member's attention to detail when everything is so clean and spiffy. Car(s) look(s) great! I've always loved the idea of the L30ET and after seeing this thread, I regret not getting my cylinder head done.

I didn't notice if you said anywhere else, but what are you going to do for the drivetrain and suspension on this bad boy?

I'm really jealous of that garage space, too! It must be nice to be able to work indoors. The Bay Area has been damp and unpleasant lately, and of course, THIS is the week my suspension comes in and I need to get the rear subframe back up. Blech. :P

:o:o:o:o wow i did NOT see the car!! good work man i didnt mean to be a dick and be all cocky so....out of line :icon45: keep it up then man!

nice sand blaster!!!

No problem, I didn't take it the wrong way at all. I wish it was my blaster, my car is @ another members house. Rags.

I really do admire your work, everything turns out great, and I've always wanted an LSX car!! [Hoping to do an LS3 swap after University]

Can't wait to see what you do with this motor, and that reworked P90 is to die for [At least for us L6 folk haha].

Thanks, I am glad I was able to redo the car into what I wanted it to be the first time. I have been lucky to have Joe's garage to use on both builds now.

You are right! I need to get Braaps head out of the box and take some pics!

Man, it really says something about a member's attention to detail when everything is so clean and spiffy. Car(s) look(s) great! I've always loved the idea of the L30ET and after seeing this thread, I regret not getting my cylinder head done.

I didn't notice if you said anywhere else, but what are you going to do for the drivetrain and suspension on this bad boy?

I'm really jealous of that garage space, too! It must be nice to be able to work indoors. The Bay Area has been damp and unpleasant lately, and of course, THIS is the week my suspension comes in and I need to get the rear subframe back up. Blech. :P

Thanks! My plans for my turbo car will be more of a street car. I will purchase a L6 ready z32 trans that was in 240hoke's 240z. Coil overs, AZC brakes, and clsd are in the works too. I plan on picking up the parts as I need them or deals pop up here on HBZ.

This month's goal:

1. Strip the 70 car to point it is ready for paint shop.

2. Assemble turbo motor and get ready for mock up in engine bay.

3. Go over list and pick up all items missing for MS install.

short list but will take up some of my time. :mrgreen:

Joe,

If he goes through with his plan to paint the car Lemans Sunset I'm gonna ban him from my garage. All he would have to do is get one more car, paint it yellow, and we would look like twins! Well, almost :mrgreen:

Joe

*Shakes his head* next your going to tell me he is dressing like you.....wait..... never mind.

I would say it would be in his best interest to choose another color or default to the latter, sorry Clive you got to break the cycle before it gets out of control. :)

Looking good Pete! You can stop by anytime! That is unless you paint your turbo car yellow and a V8 car red :)

Joe, don't give them ideas unless you want to start your own cult. :icon53:

Joe fails to mention that I thought of the color but he was able to paint his car first. That is my boy so it is all good. I am thinking of leaving the car silver or maybe a blue.

fair enough.

Ahem...Anyways make sure you get enough to paint my Z too. :)

6073_cc0640_001_KAB.jpg

KAB Super Silver Metallic

2009 GTR

OR

Sterling%20Silver.jpg

244 Sterling Silver Metallic

E30 BMW

OR

4904388_1.jpg

950 Iridium Silver Metallic

Mercedes

These are my top 3 but you can ignore me and do what you want.... :lol:

BTW where are the pics of the magnificent BRAAP P90? nag until post... :)

fair enough.

Ahem...Anyways make sure you get enough to paint my Z too. :)

6073_cc0640_001_KAB.jpg

KAB Super Silver Metallic

2009 GTR

OR

Sterling%20Silver.jpg

244 Sterling Silver Metallic

E30 BMW

OR

4904388_1.jpg

950 Iridium Silver Metallic

Mercedes

These are my top 3 but you can ignore me and do what you want.... :lol:

BTW where are the pics of the magnificent BRAAP P90? nag until post... :)

Might want to add this one to the list too - and it`s a Nissan color to boot! Its called `40th Quartz`and it only on the 40th Aniversary edition of the 370Z. Not a big silver fan but this color is pretty cool.

40thanniversary.jpg