HybridZ

Newbie L30ET Build

EvilC

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you wrenching again. So far it looks super clean. Keep on going now that you got the kick start. Don't forget, that BRAAP head deserves one heck of a ride, so you got a lot of top notch work to do. I will happily wire it up the MS for you when you are ready.

Thanks guys.

I spent some more time this weekend, cleaning up the garage and more parts coming off the car. Besides the dog legs and arches being in bad shape...the car is pretty clean. I have to sell some of the early Z parts off this car so I can buy some other goodies. Big turbo is the plan...but I will break out the school books when it comes time to buy one ;)

As far as the MS, Dave will be on the phone a lot. I plan on wiring up the car myself which wasn't so bad on the LS1 car. I know I have lots to learn about MS. Also the next time Derek is selling mounting kits for the EDIS....I need to brag one. Pics are coming later this week. Hopefully I can have the dash pulled before the end of the month...goal is to not crack this one!!

Why are you pulling the dash?

I have to check the the heater core, vents and misc stuff behind the dash. Easier to change all the heat related items that way. Also don't want to get any over spray on a crackfree dash ;)

The rest of the harness will remain in place.....well besides the engine bay.

You can check that stuff without pulling the dash. The car has such low miles that I would not be too worried about those items too much. Pad and tape the dash up when it goes for paint. Less risk than pulling the dash out. Besides, you can pull the dash after the car is running IF you have to. IMHO. I dont think you need to strip the interior on this car. It's pretty virgin.

More taking apart and bagging :rolleyesg

Virgin doors:

762865703_Lc9WJ-L.jpg

Work bench:

762866441_aKwJG-L.jpg

Inside:

762866713_pwMto-L.jpg

So as you can see the garage is getting full with parts. Time to move some of them inside the house....my mother is going to love that! I will be making a for sale thread soon but mostly on classiczcars to get rid of the low vin Z stuff. I know, I know.....boring stuff. :icon45:

Looks real clean Clive. Still has plastic on doors. Now I know what it should look like!

My project car is a SoCal car, so it's solid, but the interior is toast. The only thing worth saving was the headliner.

I am building MS harnesses this winter for a few select people. Chris Holmes was running one of my harnesses in his 280Z. PM me if interested.

Pete