HybridZ

Project Turbo LS1

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dude, Ya they are HTR Z's. I have no complains with these tires, and would definitely buy them again. The freakin price is right!

Ya I agree on the price/value. I have them out back in 245/45/16's and I think I paid like $73 for them. The tread design sticks out to me so I thought I'd make sure I saw what I saw :)

i checked out that mcmaster website and im curious of which butt welds you used? small diameter, big diameter ,length, and thickness. also where did you get the manifold flange? i read somewhere once that do to heat expansion with a stainless steel flange you should cut a line between each runner on the flange, if not the manifold bolts could shear off. just something i thought of while looking at your pics.

yah, what size tires are those on the front sportmax wheels?

Front tires are 245 - 45 - 16

Update please!

Well I ended up having to redo the exhaust, it was hanging WAY too low. Tuesday my O2 sensors should arrive, then I'll be able to take the car out and do a little tuning. Trust me, video's will happen as soon as the car is video worthy. ;)

This just in... I got my new O2 sensors installed and was actually able to drive the car!!! WAHOOO!!! BTW, the turbo sounds amazing. Now for my next set of issues... Smoke out the tail pipe under any boost. I can have the boost gauge at "zero" at any rpm, but the second I see 1psi + I get smoke. I need to get myself a catch can, boost in the crank case is bad. ;) I also need to adjust the oil return line a little so its at a constant downward angle, and install my oil feed line restrictor once it comes in. So this coming week end i'll work on that stuff, as well as get the injectors installed and hopefully converted to speed density. Actually driving the car and hearing the turbo spool was worth the entire wait.

I need to get myself a catch can, boost in the crank case is bad.

Had the same problem until I let the engine breathe....

The CC pressure is not allowing the oil to drain from the turbo into the oil pan. The oil backs up inside the turbo and slips by the seal to enter the exhaust. "Instant Mosquito Fogger".

Had the same problem until I let the engine breathe....

The CC pressure is not allowing the oil to drain from the turbo into the oil pan. The oil backs up inside the turbo and slips by the seal to enter the exhaust. "Instant Mosquito Fogger".

Looking at the picture in post #57, it looks like the valve cover is vented to the throttle body. That would be OK in a NA application, but wouldn't boost pressurize the crankcase it this case?

Okay, I re-routed the PCV lines, added an oil feed restricter and took the car out for a spin, NO SMOKE!! WHAHOO! So I installed my 60# injectors, and went out for a little cruise. Ya, the video sucks but you can get an idea of how loud the turbo is, and how fast it spools. So far, this China turbo is doing an alright job. :D

Okay, I re-routed the PCV lines, added an oil feed restricter and took the car out for a spin, NO SMOKE!! WHAHOO! So I installed my 60# injectors, and went out for a little cruise. Ya, the video sucks but you can get an idea of how loud the turbo is, and how fast it spools. So far, this China turbo is doing an alright job. :D

these videos are just teasers:x