HybridZ

Negative Offset 16" ZG Flare Wheels.. where are you?

Well Ive been looking for a set of wheels with the proper backspacing and offset for ZG flares and all Ive found so far are the RB-R's and watanabes. R-BR's arent 16's and watanabes are a little to much. ($2400 a set) Ive been looking for the last week or two and I really havent found many wheels with the proper offset for ZG flares.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe a few brands? I love the watanabe style but its about twice as much as I could spend...

Thanks

would 265's be too wide to put on a 8" wide rim? centerline has a few lines of customizable styles, able to get your desired width and offset. I have 16x8 with 3.5" backspacing...so thats like around -13mm offset? they fit under the ZG's really nice, but i have camber plates and adjustable suspension arms so offset isnt as much of an issue ;) depending on what brakes you have, would some lightweight 15" rims be out of the question?

You really need a smaller side wall, the widest "street" tyre your going to get is the victoracer v700 they have a 265/45/r16. If your the drag racing type MT drag radials come in 255 and fit perfect on the wheels.

But yea if you plan on actually driving the car and need more then a 245, pretty much need a 17" wheel. I run 245's all the way around and it looks fine, I just wish I had more rubber.

A while back I wanted the same thing so I bought a set of 16" watanabe RS-8s. I was going to use the centers with some custom shells form Kodiak. I think the shells run in the 1k range so it can be done for < 2k if you get a deal on some high offset RS-8s. I couldn't commit the funds so I sold the wheels :-(

I've got a matching set of two 16x10" and two 16x9" Simmons 3 pc racing wheels that I would part with for the right price... Perfect offset for ZG's and 4x4.5 bolt pattern. PM me if interested.

How hard is to find rubber for that set up? I will be running Panasport 3 pc racing wheels 16X12" and 16X10", I have only started looking for the rubber.

I've really wondered about this. Pretty much any design / diameter / bolt pattern /offset you can CAD up as long as it's spun / stamped steel. Wonder what it would cost.

customwheels.jpg

There are a lot of guys running DRWs here. Never seen one of their custom centers, but if you just pick from one of their standard patterns I'm betting it will run about $650 to $750 for a set of 4. Or to put it another way, the prices on their website are from 1987 or something like that, so don't go by those... :?

Another issue is that I believe their 16" rims have the same ID as the 15's so they don't allow for 13" brakes.