HybridZ

New 370Z is pretty ugly in person

auxilary

I thought it looked ugly in pictures, but I got to see it in person up close yesterday, and I really liked it. The rear end looks horrible in the pictures, but I think it just kind of fits and works in person.

Bigger brakes? It's already got 12.5" front rotors 12" rear rotors on the base model, with 14" front rotors and 13.8" rear rotors optional. The base 370z brakes make the base 350z brakes look like they're off a Honda Civic.

it needs 14" rotors all the way around with 8 pot wilwood calipers up front and 5 pots in back with a tilton 3 pedal setup using 1" M/C's and an adjustable brake balance bar, then a 1 1/4" front sway bar and 1" rear bar using solid links, then we need a 3 way adjustable rear LSD and some BBS 3 piece 18" road racing wheels with 11" slicks all the way around. :D

The 350z looked like a cross between a Audi TT and a 911 and took after dad the Audi and the 370z looks more like mom the 911. I saw it Friday in Phoenix and that was my impression. Better than the 350 but not great looking.

I wish they would come out something more Austin Martin looking, with a longer hood!

Phoenix Pics

http://www.desertzassociation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5979#5979

drop the tail height so the top of the spoiler is level with where the top of the fuel filler panel is, add 8 to 10 inches of length between the Z emblem and the wheel wells. that would do it for me, and give enough room up front to switch in a V12 :D

it needs 14" rotors all the way around with 8 pot wilwood calipers up front and 5 pots in back with a tilton 3 pedal setup using 1" M/C's and an adjustable brake balance bar, then a 1 1/4" front sway bar and 1" rear bar using solid links, then we need a 3 way adjustable rear LSD and some BBS 3 piece 18" road racing wheels with 11" slicks all the way around. :D

:lmao:

Haha, you had me going for a second there.

In my opinion Im getting tired of strait edged cars for the most part. It seems like all the cars these days are designed with a ruler only ( not saying that every car designed now is ugly but its getting old ). Also cant anyone design a car without huge gaps between body panels (fenders to hood, bumpers to hood, etc. ) Ckelly78z made a good point, hemi challenger will most likely be around the same price with a lot more going for it. The challenger is a beautiful car and with a couple small changes you could have something everyone is gonna appreciate ( lower it and get rid of the gotty wheels they put on them and get some meats in the back :) ) But the challenger aside, I dont like the look of the 370z and not even the GTR. I didnt like it when I first saw the design and I gave it time till I saw it in person. I still didnt like it. Its a very big car ( the GTR ). One of my customers just purchased one and brought it in. Dont get me wrong, the performance numbers and whats its capable of is quite impressive but the looks arent. I guess what Im trying to get at is, Im waiting for nissan to design a sports car that will be a looker, perform well, and stay in a price range that is reasonable for the average car enthusiast. It doesnt take a $320,000 F430 to make a car look good, if that makes sense. Maybe Nissan should start talkin to Pinin Farina? haha. Well anyway, to me sports cars are way to expensive in this economy. These are all my opinions and arent directed to insult anybody.

The base 370z brakes make the base 350z brakes look like they're off a Honda Civic.

They are the same size and piston count as the base 2006+ 350Z brakes. Nissan upgraded the 350Z brakes in 2006 from the Altima setup to the previous generation Q45. They work well enough, with proper race pads, to let me and a friend spend 5 hours running Cal Speedway's Roval course two Sundays ago.

I spent about two hours last Wednesday underneath one of the Nissan press fleet 370Zs. Lots of changes under the car and, interestingly, it had an aftermarket diff cooler installed.

I had a chance to see the car in person over the weekend.....I like a LOT better in person. the car has some curves as the fender rises and then drops down past the "A" pillar and through the "B" pillar and then back up to the "C" pillar. Very nice. Reminds me a lot more of the curves on an S30. I expected to hate the headlamps, but they are not as bad in person. I like that is looks stockier and more muscular than the 350z.

I will probably purchase one of the next year's models.