HybridZ

350Z Shifter Relocator Interest?

240hoke

Hey guys,

I have had a couple people contact me about reproducing my shifter relocator. Im curious how much interest there would be. Hopefully if we could get about 5 people that want one I could have them made. I dont have access to machining equipment anymore so Ill have to have them made at a shop.

It works and feels just like stock (even has push down 6th gear lockout) while shortening the linkage by roughly 4".

ebay_001.sized.jpg

Here is more info on the shifter and some pictures showing where it places the shifter in the interior:

http://www.vq240z.com-a.googlepages.com/shifterrelocation

I'm guessing I could put these together for around 150-200. That would also include me TIG welding your shackle assembly if you needed that done. But I cant lock in the price until I have them quoted....if there is interest.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Id be more then happy to work with you on that.

It looks like there is enough interest to get a run going so I'm going to talk to the machine shop by the end of the week. Ill keep the thread updated. I also wanted to note that the pictured one was my mockup, there will be more meat around the mounting points on the 'production' pieces.

-Austin

Hey Austin,

I am the one who recently commented on your build on youtube and was wondering if you wanted to do another build. I do not have my 240 as of yet but am looking for a good base. Awesome write-up and webpage btw :D

Chris

Yes Id be more then happy to work with you on that.

It looks like there is enough interest to get a run going so I'm going to talk to the machine shop by the end of the week. Ill keep the thread updated. I also wanted to note that the pictured one was my mockup, there will be more meat around the mounting points on the 'production' pieces.

-Austin

if you have the means to crank some out for S30 chassis/VG trans/L series block, i'd be interested in picking up 5 units. we'd talked about it awhile ago, so i didn't know if you still had your jig laying around to where you could bang out somthing for the machine shop to do while you have the bench time for the VQ brackets going on.

Hey Guys,

Looks like the shifters mounts are a go. I have to get back home and finialize my models, I'm also going to modify my current design so that you can use the factory dust boot on the top.

It will probably be two weeks before I get the drawings to the machine shop since I'm finishing up with my finals over the next week and a half.

My goal right now is to have these ready no later then the end of January. Hopefully it will be sooner, but I wanted to give everyone and honest estimate for the deadline.

-Austin

Cool,

Looks like there is more interest then I thought. Im working on a even better design, since they are getting CNC'd I can be a good bit more creative. I designed my first one like that since I was making it myself on a lathe and mill. Ill keep everybody updated as things get closer.