HybridZ

1987 300zx 1992 1uz-fe sc400

stprasinz

ok heres a start.. just like the title says. 1987 300zx i have a turbo and nonturbo cross member... but I got the v8 on my garage floor right now all the wiring etc... had it running in the lexus with the only wires going throuhg the car was the fuel pump and level sendor... so i have every thing needed to put it in the car and have it run.... but the drive shaft..ahhh so ima have fun sourcing that.... I havent really found too much info really on performance upgrades, other than a small handfull of I can't afford stuff, ya know... i figure i'll use my 3" manderal from the origanal turbo for the exhaut.. yeah its single but I already have it... its got the stock tubular exhasut manifold, so I donlt think i need the headers yet.. obviously gonna put a higher flowing intake piping... ooooo..... also gonna put a better set of coils, iridium plugs, and some good wires.... I eliminated the hydrolic pump for the fan, the ac pump, and the power steering pump... little weight, and freed up the rotational mass.....

so I have thought of my turbonetics 60-1, ive thought of nitrous.. heck even my punny little m62 supercharger.... but idk...... 10-1 compression.. what about get a set of spare heads, port and polish them, and mill 25 thousanths for about 11-1........ boy idk....... I also have a megasquirt but this has 2 different coils, and idk if the megasquirt can handle that task.. although it does foir rx7???? then Im still stuck with the automatic slush box that is electronic controlled(please someone tell me that didn't start till 94, as this might be a 93 model year...... anyway...

so the work is cut out as i may need a new smaller brake booster, can we say manual brakes lol... probably not a good idea, I got the upgraded 2 pistons on the front for braking too....

anyway... anybody think the swap will work.. also no universal on the drivshaft yoke as in no slip yoke.... thats what is gonna be tricky about the driveshaft.......

well lets see here. the engine as far back as can go ( against the firewall)the lower sump is just about centered over the crossmember, and the rack. and the engine would sit about 2 inches above the hoodline.... and thats resting on the crossmember..... and the engine is at such an anglre the driveshaft would point at the ground.........

so i guess ima have to wait till i start project 1uzfe 280zx.......

because I don't want to custom make the rack and pioin (longer tie rods etc incorrect angle resulting in cranking the whell to turn a slight corner..etc.. im trying to do a budget build so i guess to the junk yard this weekend to get another 3.0.. unless theres a 33

anyway

other option to cut the firewall and place the enigne way back in the bay.... no room for heater though... and what about the exhaust....

so its settled its going in the 280