HybridZ

9000 Rpm Sr20det

AkumaNoZeta

I found this article on making a SR20DET head handle 9000 RPM http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=238409 but I couldn't find any articles on how to make the bottom end handle it. Could the stock bottome end handle the revs with stock-20psi? Since I'm here anyways I might as well ask because I've been trying to find an answer for this too, how many pounds of boost can you run on a properly tuned engine for 91 octane without the meth injection?

I found this article on making a SR20DET head handle 9000 RPM http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=238409 but I couldn't find any articles on how to make the bottom end handle it. Could the stock bottome end handle the revs with stock-20psi? Since I'm here anyways I might as well ask because I've been trying to find an answer for this too, how many pounds of boost can you run on a properly tuned engine for 91 octane without the meth injection?

its not the stock bottom end to be worried about its the t25 unless you have a newer sr with the t28....safely id say 12 lbs...you could probably get more but its not sertain it wont blow

We are running the GT3076R and peak power is right at our redline at 7800rpm and are still running the hydraulic head but with Tomei Cams and rocker arm stoppers. If we could rev to 9000rpm we would potentially see more power and at 26psi.

I think a GT35 would work pretty well if you have the other supporting mods and are reving to 9k as well.

Has anyone seen the castrol topshop contest?

Long story short...

Some shop building a sr20det redtop said they can build sr's to 11,000 redline he was insisting on cp pistons,high duration cams,solid lifters,ect.But for the bottom end besides cp pistons it was xbeam rods,sleeved,bored to 90 i believe.

IDK if that helps at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, rockers tend not to like 9k rpm.

Solids will help, but like the poster above me stated, a VE head pretty much solves the problem.

Its not too difficult to do the VE head on a rwd motor either..

If you want to do it cheap and easy you can run a 20v CAS, VE lower intake runners with a custom plenum, DET exhaust manifold, some lines to remote mount the solenoids, and you can run a greddy mss or v-afc or some sort of controller to do cam switch, and just get a rom tune. Oh and you would also have to run S15 coilpacks, some thin denso units, or just run stock SR's to the side with little jumper wires possibly.

And the bottom ends are good to 500+ whp stock, and pretty high revs as well, although you start to see wrist pin deflection around 450whp