HybridZ

My garage paint job!!

FFMarc

Well to me it seemed to lay down nice. To me it seemed the dupont primer was alot easier to spray. Keep in mind I have no experience in auto paint, I literally just mixed it up, put it in the cheap $90.00 3 piece hvlp gun set and sprayed lol. The pattern was a nice cigar shape, so I left it. I didn't mess with any of the fluid control or air control knobs. The paint directions said to use 2 coats but I didn't have good coverage with 2 so I did 3. Other then some flaws like runs and particulates it looks good enough for me. I fell if I would of had a real booth with enough room and good lighting I could of done a better job. If I wanted to have a show car I would of paid someone else lol

FFMarc, good job.

When you sprayed the car, did you have any heating lamps inside? What was the temperature and how long did it take for the paint to cure?

Any orange peel? How does this paint buff out? Was dust an issue in the garage?

Sorry about so many questions - I am as newbie in this paint business as you were some time ago :-) I have a gallon of that John Deer blitz begging to be used one day.

Thanks.

FFMarc, good job.

When you sprayed the car, did you have any heating lamps inside? What was the temperature and how long did it take for the paint to cure?

Any orange peel? How does this paint buff out? Was dust an issue in the garage?

Sorry about so many questions - I am as newbie in this paint business as you were some time ago :-) I have a gallon of that John Deer blitz begging to be used one day.

Thanks.

I didn't have heat lamps but I had 1000w flood lights but it was a nice 70 in my garage. the day I picked to paint was the first day it rained in arizona for like a year.

slight orange peel, I didn't buff it, was thinking about wet sanding the whole thing but haven't

as for dry time I was able to touch it at like 20- 30 minutes

Dust was a factor I had two floor box fans that I put AC fliters over to move air that helped but still had some dust