Best Margarita Mix

S130Z

If any one has wondered how to make a Margarita,

4/5 pitcher (blender pitcher) of Ice

6 oz. of Two Fingers tequila

6 oz. of Miller Light

6 oz (one small can) of Minute Maid Lime-Ade

And mix it as fine as you can.

This is by far he best Margarita I have had.

(I have had about 3 pitchers now so sorry about grammer)

Sorry if this might be inapropriate, this is the non tech board so I think I am safe.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5365248990111962813

^ You need to get what we have at my dad's shop

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/TopGear-12X3-La-batidora_200088.htm

^ Or try that. Don't put an LS1 in your Z. Turn it into a blender and put like an LS7 in your Z. I mean, if you could do that then you obviously have enough money to do the blender. >_>

I think the Top Shelf margarita is the best. This is a decent recipe, but don't use crappy tasting Sweet & Sour. I'm frankly still looking for the perfect sweet & sour mix, so I cannot recommend any in particular. Oddly enough, Chevy's restaurants makes a very good tasting Top Shelf. My advice would be to have it over the rocks, with salt, in the very LARGE glass. This recipe below is similar to what they serve:

1 1/2 oz Patron (me likey Silver) Tequila

1/2 oz Cointreau

1/2 oz Grand Marnier

1 oz Lime Juice

2 oz Sweet and Sour Mix

Try this when you are sober enough to mix it correctly. Drinks are all about proper proportions, BUT also about the quality of the ingredients!

Davy

I think the Top Shelf margarita is the best. This is a decent recipe, but don't use crappy tasting Sweet & Sour. I'm frankly still looking for the perfect sweet & sour mix, so I cannot recommend any in particular. Oddly enough, Chevy's restaurants makes a very good tasting Top Shelf. My advice would be to have it over the rocks, with salt, in the very LARGE glass. This recipe below is similar to what they serve:

1 1/2 oz Patron (me likey Silver) Tequila

1/2 oz Cointreau

1/2 oz Grand Marnier

1 oz Lime Juice

2 oz Sweet and Sour Mix

Try this when you are sober enough to mix it correctly. Drinks are all about proper proportions, BUT also about the quality of the ingredients!

Davy

Combine the Cointreau and Grand Marnier into just 1shot of Gran Gala and I absolutely cant tell the difference. Also, for margarita's Id rather use 1800 Silver cause it costs half as much and is just as smooth and flavorful. I think patron is over-hyped and over-priced; while its good its not really much better than the 1800..well at least in the silver.

For sweet and sour mix, the best ive found is Bone Daddy's top shelf margarita mix. I found it at safeway and its unfiltered appearance drew me in.

Combine the Cointreau and Grand Marnier into just 1shot of Gran Gala and I absolutely cant tell the difference.

Meaning that it tastes like a top shelf margarita??? I hope I'm following you here---the Gran Gala is also an orange-based liqueur. You mean instead of Cointreau & Gran Manier?? I am unfamiliar with Gran Gala, but I'll have to check it out on your recommendation some time.

Also, for margarita's Id rather use 1800 Silver cause it costs half as much and is just as smooth and flavorful. I think patron is over-hyped and over-priced; while its good its not really much better than the 1800..well at least in the silver.

Fair enough. If the 1800 Silver is very close in most respects, I doubt one can tell a difference once mixed. Cheap tequila (dare I mention any?), on the other hand, is not what I want or use.

For sweet and sour mix, the best ive found is Bone Daddy's top shelf margarita mix. I found it at safeway and its unfiltered appearance drew me in.

OK, that interests me. I'm game for buying some mix next time I go to the store. Nothing says Christmastime like a margarita, no? ;)

I swear I'm not an alcoholic :mrgreen:

Davy

Meaning that it tastes like a top shelf margarita??? I hope I'm following you here---the Gran Gala is also an orange-based liqueur. You mean instead of Cointreau & Gran Manier?? I am unfamiliar with Gran Gala, but I'll have to check it out on your recommendation some time.

Fair enough. If the 1800 Silver is very close in most respects, I doubt one can tell a difference once mixed. Cheap tequila (dare I mention any?), on the other hand, is not what I want or use.

OK, that interests me. I'm game for buying some mix next time I go to the store. Nothing says Christmastime like a margarita, no? ;)

I swear I'm not an alcoholic :mrgreen:

Davy

Yeah, I meant using the Gran Gala instead of the Cointreau and Grand Marnier. Its only ~$20 for a 1/5th and came as a recommendation from a liquor store owner here.

When we first started drinking margaritas we tried a couple tequilas that were in the ~$20 range like Sauza, but the small jump to the 1800 made a massive difference in flavor and smoothness (is that a word?)

I have had a couple better margaritas, but they were made by a friend who bar tends at a Mexican style restaurant. It was their version of a cadillac margarita with their house margarita mix and Herradurra tequila made extra stiff. Its kind of making me drool a bit right now :mrgreen:

Almost Perfect! :) WE make ours the same with 2 small adjustments, both add a bit of juice as mentioned above. Also, this might seem obvious but the 6oz. minute maid can is your measuring cup for the tequila and the 3sec.

If any one has wondered how to make a Margarita,

4/5 pitcher (blender pitcher) of Ice

6 oz. of Two Fingers tequila

3 oz. of Tripple Sec

12 oz. of ANY Light

6 oz (one small can) of Minute Maid Lime-Ade

patron is good stuff. i have several bottles at home that i sample. my fav is cabo wabo (sammy hagar). about the same, mabey a little more than patron but smooooooooooooth. put some blue curaco in and sip away. the blcak label jose is good too. sauza commemoritive (sp) is a good choise. as far as the beeritas go, several of my golfing friends swear by it. i always take a gal of marg with me on the golf cart, (im not a golfer so i do not care) by the 8th or 9th, they are mixing my marg mix with the beer thatthe brought and love it.

happy drinking

jimbo

No, we typically use bud-light. Basically it makes the marg's nice and frothy. Any other type of beer would probably add too much beer flavor IMO.

I'm not really a light beer drinker but they are handy for these marg's.

If you try it, let us know how they turn out.