HybridZ

240Z GT-R - Japanese Performance Magazine Feature

Bishopsrock

I haven't managed to get any proper pics of my car up here yet - just pics of the odd part here or there as I needed help and advice.

Japenese Performance magazine http://www.japaneseperformancemagazine.co.uk/ was tracking my conversion through their close contact with Rod Bell at RB Motorsport here in the UK. As soon as Rod told them it was finished, they took a look at it and then called me up to arrange a photo shoot etc.

I know my car isn't the same as most on this forum as I have built a street sleeper, which until you lift the hood, doesn't look anything special. But, there is no hiding the natural beauty and classic lines of a 240z.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, it is appearing in the February edition of Japanese Performance as stated below:-

Next Month in Japanese Performance

HERE COME THE Z-CARS

Datsun 240Z GT-R goes Q-car with twin-turbo power, 600bhp Evo III coupe, SEMA Show full report, Boost controller test and all the usual Japanese Performance favourites

Why not subscribe today?

FEBRUARY 2009 ISSUE ON SALE 13TH JANUARY 2009

I Don't know whether this will be a one page or a two page etc - so don't hold me to anything, but I did make sure that I gave HybridZ a proper acknowledgement and I hope they print it - lets see??

Hey, who knows, someone who reads it might just think that its a good idea and start one themselves!

Figures, I just let my JP subscription run out last month! I guess I can buy it at the newstand. My mum in law used to get it for me for my b-day for the last couple of years. (cheaper because she lives in England)

Will you give me props in the article for helping with the wiring?

Chris Rummel

Hi Chris,

They did this ages ago (and took at least 100 photos) - I can't properly remember who I acknowledged now though. Sorry, I don't think that I mentioned you specifically but I did mention all of the HybridZ community and stressed that this was where I got my inspiration, technical knowledge and advice. At the time, I was thinking about stating the sources of info that someone reading the mag and considering the conversion would find helpful but I do wish I had included you specifically now though!

Anyway, what they actually print is another thing entirely - I just hope its not embarrassing!

• 3 weeks later...
Everything white looks pretty cool!

That's kinda what I'm planning to do with my 2JZ in my white 280Z - go mostly white on the engine. Powdercoating would be nice, but it wouldn't be possible to powdercoat the plastic and would be hard to match powerdercoated cam covers with rattlecanned timing cover. Overall, actually, that's exactly what I plan to do. I wouldn't go with stock skinny wheels, though. Something old school JDM.

That car is great!