HybridZ

Hesitation under load

Hello Hybridz!

It’s been a while since I've posted but I bought another 280z from Cali and let me tell you. I will never buy another east coast car again. You haven't seen rust free until you've seen this car and I got it for a song. This car would’ve cost 5,000 at least on this side of the country.

Anyway that was the preface. The car was a weekend driver in Sacramento and I had it shipped to Ky. It drives GREAT except for an issue that I can't track down. When you take off in the car in 1st is has a multiple bad stutter/hesitation at around 2 to 3 thousand rpms. This only happens on takeoff and it will do this if it’s warmed up or not. I can free rev the car all day and it will sing right to the red line. I changed all the filters and added an inline fuel filter (Fram g3). I cleaned all the contacts and adjusted the valves replaced the plugs, cap, rotor ect. I am just about out of ideas here. Does anyone know what would cause the problems I am having?

One more unrelated thing; this car hates cold weather do you think the CSV and or the by-pass valve are bad? I think that in Cali they would never be used. Anyway that’s it. Thanks