What was your first ride???????

jasper

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1979 1600cc Subaru DL Coupe.

Got this pic off Google Images.

My car was rust from bumper to bumper. Had to jack one tire up at a time to change tires.

Tried the lift and the car just started to crumble. One time I put the jack under the front passenger side of the car and it went through the frame rail and floor board.

The front seat had coat hanger wires mounted to the base and bolted somewhere next to the seats so that if the seat fell through the floor, it would not drop all the way to the road.

There was a big hole in the floor board on the passenger side. You could see the road go by when driving down the street. There was no floor in the trunk.

My dad sold me this car for 300 bucks and that was a rip off. Got me through school so I can't complain.

Subaru_Coupe_in_dunes_1979.jpg

1977 280z was my first car....well technically it was a '92 camry that was the family's extra car but the Z was the first car i bought. $2250 got me a Z with rusted rockers, fake bullet holes in the left rear quarter and a license plate that read "NCC1708" yea....the owner, like me, is a star trek fan :mrgreen:

11044_thumb.attach

1982 Misubishi Galant Sigma, 2L I4 engine.

photo.jpg pic courtesy of the internet :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Galant#Fourth_generation

Was alright, I'm not a fan of Mitsubishi motors, but it did fine for a student in 2000 until I made a 150Km trip, got lost and drove around, stayed over up there and came south again a couple of days later, as it turns out with a dry auto box... it wouldn't move the next time I wanted to go somewhere. Cost $900

After that I got a Nissan Laurel Medallist. L20E engine, electric everything, top of the line flash car with all the bells and whistles a 1983 car could be expected to have.

Mine was a 1970 Chevy Malibu, the "Mattmobile". It was something else, a 350 with a Holley 4 bbl, one side had been sideswiped so it was repainted all nice and new, the rest was a combo of paint, primer and rust. The front end was rebuilt, but the rear springs were shot, so it always looked like it was doing a wheelie.It met it`s demise after hydroplaning into a concrete sewer enclosure. It was a blast to drive, and what a beast. I was about to repaint and restore it right before the crash.....wish I still had it.

Frist car to drive, 80 something vw dasher diesal wagon, green, hot wired when my parents left.

Frist purchaced car, 1969 vw bug. Mint (restored by born again bugs), when I got done with her, well, sad kinda, but hella fun.

Learn about cars from that rig. Chiltons in hands by my self.

I didn't expect so many people to have a datsun as their first car, even though this is a z car forum.

My first car was a 63 chevy-II four door. It was ugly brown but I swapped a 350 into it and it ran pretty good. I had the itch to swap cars from the very beginning. I had my uncle help with the oil pan mod so the steering linkage would clear. I frequented a motorcycle garage and the owner had a V8 datsun. You know the rest of the story.

First to really drive was a 1954 Caddy. That one landed me in jail at age 14. Had permission, but no license. The adults wanted to be left alone for some reason.

The first I owned was a 1959 Chevy Belair Convertable. Red with a white top. 283 Auto. Slow but fun cruzin.