HybridZ

Swapping My LS1 into another Z!

Dinner first......Dave, Joe and myself headed out to the bar for food and drinks.

We were able to get the rear brake line done with the prop valve in the car. We will see when I bleed the system how my "flaring" of the lines turns out but I believe they shall hold. Also got one side of the car done with the ZG flares....finally I know! Lil more work has to be done but overall I like em. The ride height has to be lowered! Found an oil leak today.....the oil pressure sending unit hit the firewall when I was pulling the motor the first time and I must have cracked the fitting....easy fix. Now for some pics:

Dave sitting like he said ;)

633187773_ALT6G-L.jpg

The flare

633188445_64ooe-L.jpg

Rear done

633189177_NJZB8-L.jpg

Nice shot of the project!

633189752_pugqy-L.jpg

Front and Rear view

633190667_4m22m-L.jpg

Workspace:

633191191_rbcjN-L.jpg

Thanks Paul and Joe!!!

Joe, I plan on hitting the inside of the wheel wells with undercoating and flat black'n under the flares on the body itself. As you can see the ride height will need to come down some and it should be all good. I will be honest at first I didn't like the look of the flares but after a day.....I am in love!

=)

Dinner first......Dave, Joe and myself headed out to the bar for food and drinks.

Found an oil leak today.....the oil pressure sending unit hit the firewall when I was pulling the motor the first time and I must have cracked the fitting....easy fix. Now for some pics:

;)

Ditto's on the food and drinks. Did the same thing with the sending unit. Wish I wouldn't have done that. Mine was spraying pretty good all over the new paint and nice clean engine.

Clive-

Your new car is looking great! I've been watching your progress all along and you are doing great work-with some great help from your friends. Gee, can I type great one more time? Anyway, keep it up.

Mike

Thanks Mike, your car along with a few others MADE me paint my car and do it over. I love your car!

I am thankful for Joe taking in my car and letting me work there. Also giving a hand when needed and Dave coming down when free. They both know they get to drive the new evil z.....well hmmm....maybe not Joe.....I know he wants to beat the crap out of it.....why Joe why? =P

Serious note, spent hours yesterday making sure the fuel and brake lines are clearing the drive shaft. Also spent about 2 hours bleeding the clutch which was quick but then realizing the firewall was moving!! After a check of the clutch pedal, I notice something was wrong. Joe explained that the metal around where the pin goes through the pedal was worn. So I pulled it and to have a good laugh Joe made me attempt to weld the hole up and redrill. I can't weld (for now) and to make a long story short Joe had to do it. To add to the smile on his face, he didn't tell me the mask had an auto dim lense so I was trying to weld looking through this darker than ususal lense...nice Joe! =) Ok, so pedal goes back in and same problem......feels like the throw out bearing is stuck =( I was not going to pull the trans! So a can of WD-40 was called on.....I sprayed the inside of the tranny, away from the clutch area. Now it feels like the bearing is moving....we shall see today when I go to move the car.

Noob note: To check if the clutch will disengage, jack the back of the car up....start the car in gear with the clutch "pressing down" in car....if your wheels start to move....you have an issue =)

• Administrators

Noob note: To check if the clutch will disengage, jack the back of the car up....start the car in gear with the clutch "presses down" in car....if your wheels start to move....you have an issue =)

:lmao: Playing a mental video in my head of this educational experience.. :lmao:

:lmao: Playing a mental video in my head of this educational experience.. :lmao:

:mrgreen:

Be sure no one is under the car :icon56: and be ready to shut the key off! To do it right, use jack stands.

This is my safety tip for the day, it isn't like I didn't lay under someone's car here to listen to the trans make noise.....I think the wheels were spinning a million miles an hour...Joe.

Looking good Clive!

You posted earlier that you want to bring the rear end down, but I'm wondering how you can bring the rear end down and not have the tires break through the flares when the suspension compresses?

Hard to tell in pics but I have some room to lower the car. The flares hang over the wheels and I tried to give the forward position of the flares more room for clearance when I lower it. If I have to, I will move the flares up. I need the ride height to be right. Also because of you, I ordered the CF hood, hatch and bumpers....thanks :mrgreen:

Better yet Joe and Clive need to make a PSA about it. :)

You guys have no idea! This has been one hell of an experience!

All kidding aside, I'm having a lot of fun. It's taking a little longer than expected but I think Clive is learning and having fun as well.

Now if he would just stop making me explain EVERYTHING we would be ok:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Joe