HybridZ

Swapping My LS1 into another Z!

Well in keeping up with my new name, finished installing the PW with Joe in the doors and just need to be wired up to some power, ground and switches.

Doors off to be drilled to run wires:

823182549_GwYJa-M.jpg

New mess to clean up old mess:

823182025_gLALr-M.jpg

Joe bored taking pics of me:

823181718_TnJYV-M.jpg

Well the dash went in today....and back out.....and back in!

First try, everything worked besides the highbeam led. I hooked it up to the light source by mistake so to fix it the dash had to come back out. Hour later dash is back in and 90% of the wires tucked away and hooked up. I just need to hook up two more wires for the power windows and they are done. All three leds work, yay! Had both doors apart a few days ago and now they are all done. Next is hooking up the blower motor, installing the heater control panel, installing a radio and finishing up the interior.

I also want to reroute the heater hoses because they are ugly as hell right now. I have to make a fuel pump bracket for saftey. I also need to fix my coilover problem......my front collars are trashed. Ground Control asked me to send them pics before they would even let me order...hope this turns out well. They really seem interested in trying to get this issue fixed.

Center Console:

826987594_27xxh-M.jpg

No window crank: sun fade I need to fix on NOS panels

826987857_zSDz5-M.jpg

Almost done:

826988401_xKYJ9-M.jpg

Issue:

827005305_9ZSNb-M.jpg

827005602_a747o-M.jpg

This is with the car in the air.

• 1 month later...

Well the car seems to be running fine. I am sending it off to be tuned and dyno pulls for next week. Basically, I only added the FAST 90/90 and I want to make sure she is running fine. I am also getting some exhaust work done to make her less attractive for the local police. I am going to run a resinator, new muffler but will be installing a e cut out ;)

The track day is in about three weeks and there is still plenty to "finish". Rear spoiler, some trim work, wipers, and adjust brake bias. Also need to nut and bolt the hell out of the car. I will report back with new numbers once I have em.