HybridZ

LS1 vs LS2 intake

• Administrators
... Does anyone know anything?

Iknownothing.jpg

I can't seem to find anything on how the LS2 manifold compares to the LS1. Does anyone know anything?

Have you heard of “Google”? It is this really cool service, (get this, it's even FREE!), that will automatically scour pretty much ALL web sites on the internet looking for key words you input into the main window box. An incredibly powerful, yet highly underutilized tool in today’s online society. whistle.gif

Myself, I have found it to be quite useful for such tech topics as car stuff, locating the nearest StarBucks, finding pictures of famous TV characters such as Master Sergeant, Hans Georg Schultz.

At any rate, here is the web address.

http://www.google.com

A good tip would be to bookmark it into your favorites folder as it can be used more than once and for pretty much any topic, phrase or single word that pops into your mind. victory.gif

Once you get to the main page, just copy and paste the title of this thread into that window/box and click the button that says “SEARCH”. wink.gif

I tried just that and found an incredible wealth of multiple sources covering this exact topic. Just to be sure those sources were real and accurate, containing actual info related to your question, I opened up a few and found those sources to be pertinent and some even went quite in-depth with specific details on this topic such as the differences, similarities, dyno tests and flow test, etc on the LS1 vs LS2 intakes, even the LS6 and FAST intakes as well. :2thumbs: I realize you didn’t mention the FAST or LS6 intakes, just consider that a bonus. cool.gif

Best of luck in your Googling…

I guess I did leave out the part where I was looking for a physical comparison, not what sort of power they make. Sorry for the poor wording. I did search a bit before asking, but didn't find anything concrete.

Basically, I was wondering if swapping an LS2 intake onto a truck engine is the same as swapping for an LS1 intake. I see them for similar prices on Ebay sometimes, and if the LS2 is the same (dimensions, bolt pattern, etc), I'll use it.