HybridZ

260z REAR sway bar clearance

Guest blowfuel

I had that same issue with my 280Z when I swaped the LT1 using JTR's driveshaft flange. It is bigger than the stock Datsun flange. Mine only hit when the car was in reverse. I ended up just removing the sway bar, don't really need it the all the power I have. The 280Z has welded in sway bar mounts so modifing them to lower the sway bar wouldn't be easy, don't know about a 260Z.

I installed my R200 and the rear sway bar is touching the drive shaft. It didn't touch with the R180. Any help? 260Z V8

Keep your sway bar. You may have to raise or lower your diff to gain the needed clearance and yet still maintain paralell drive shaft angle. Example: If you have to shim raise the pinion up to get clearance you may have lower the transmission tailstock to maintain a paralell running DS. Try to keep the DS running angle between 1 and 2 degrees ideal. Every car is different. But with some tweaking you should be able to make it happen and have a smoother running driveline for the efforts.

I installed my R200 and the rear sway bar is touching the drive shaft. It didn't touch with the R180. Any help? 260Z V8

If you want to keep a rear swaybar I suggest upgrading.

My Suspension Techniques rear swaybar relocates it to run behind the diff.