HybridZ

SPAL Power Window Kit

240hoke

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick one. As I understand, it drives the shaft that the original window handle drove, correct? This shaft sticks out of the door panel at least a 1/4 inch. So as I understand it, you won't be able to have a flush plug over the door trim, it will have to stick out from the door trim a little. Is this correct?

If that is the case, that is the only thing I don't like with this kit.

EDIT: Just watched the video, they do seem to be pretty quick. Looks very tempting.

Yep, that's the thing that gets me. Pretty gay. Reminds me of those OOOOLLLD school power window adapter kits that were just large boxes containing electric motors and you just slid it over the shaft. I believe zeeboost's wide body 280Z has those along with a bunch of other "back to the future" era gadgetry with big switches and lights.

here are some pictures of my install.

I didn't use the stock panels as I upgraded to FG panels for my stereo. This made life a lot easier for me in the end I think...maybe...lol

This picture didn't upload so here it is separately

2545113_69_full.jpg

CIMG1903_thumb.JPG

CIMG1906_thumb.JPG

rims 004_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I happened on some NEW OEM door panels for my 240z. Yea new in the bag woot, even have the new plastic sealer for the door :mrgreen:

I did a quick test fit this weekend and they clear the power windows without any issue. Might hit the panel a bit but not a big deal. Ill post some pictures whenever I finish mounting them, I sitll gotta take the doors off and mount the wire boots etc.

Ill go ahead and post this to my slef but they are coming:

:worthless:

I bought the same Spal kit but have not installed it. I also bought a shaved door kit at the same time. It has a interface module so I can operate the windows up or down from my remote and open the doors. I plan on installing the interior switches on the console where my choke and seat belt lights are. I just looked at the receipt and I got them from A1 Electric. I paid $140 for the Window Kit, $150 for the shaved door kit, and $70 for the "One touch automatice Window module". The Door kit came with relays to trigger the window "one touch".

I have a S30, Janaka you said you upgraded to FG door panels. ??? What do you mean by FG?

Lol Im bogged down with school work this weekend but spring break is week after next so I should be able to finish up the project. Ill be pulling hte dash and doors to install wire boots and run the wires nicely ot the center console and then I can fit the door panels.

I from what I could tell it looks like the door panel will flex enough to fit fine, might be a slight bluge where the motor is? Like I said Ill just have to post some pictures.

And Im sure some of you guyes will love this, ill be hacking up these door panels since my door handle is relocated for my rollcage side bar lol.

I bought the same Spal kit but have not installed it. I also bought a shaved door kit at the same time. It has a interface module so I can operate the windows up or down from my remote and open the doors. I plan on installing the interior switches on the console where my choke and seat belt lights are. I just looked at the receipt and I got them from A1 Electric. I paid $140 for the Window Kit, $150 for the shaved door kit, and $70 for the "One touch automatice Window module". The Door kit came with relays to trigger the window "one touch".

I have a S30, Janaka you said you upgraded to FG door panels. ??? What do you mean by FG?

I could not find the part number for the one touch module on A1 Electric's site. Could you post link for it? I think its a must if you are going to have power windows :).

Have you already found/bought a boot to use? If so, can you tell us which one?

Its available on the SPAL website. http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=itemdetail&item=33040080

So do I understand correctly ....the one touch speed up and down is not included with the SPAL system. It an add on? I cant seem to find this one touch switch on either website??

What about one of these kits? http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/powerwindowsconfigure.lasso?step=flatglass Are they any good? I'm thinking about going to power windows but not the type that uses the existing system thats in the door because one of the reasons I want one is the fact that I spent days trying to fix the passenger side window to roll up and down but it keeps on binding (think one of the arms must be bent) so I want a system that would just eliminate all that. I also want to have it where the window crank is the switch like you see on a whole bunch of hotrods, it would be power but wouldn't look power so to speak