HybridZ

TINMONK rear disk conversion, mounting questions.

BTW,

I did get a repsonse from him today. Secretly monitoring this site??? Hmmm.

I did not get the bolts for the brackets. They're in the picture on the posting but he says they're not included. No mention that they're not included though.

He says i'll need M10 1.25 X 25. Anyone know where I can get my hands on these?

Autozone/Advance??

Can't find 'em on the net.

Also... Grade 8.8 or 10.9

I would go to a local hardware store and get some nice hardware. I don't trust much of the stuff advanced or autozone carries besides car parts/oil and name brand things.

We have a place around here called Kitz and Pfeil - true value. I don't know if they have the stores by you. That's where I go if I need small amount of fasteners, because they are kind of expensive.

BTW,

I did get a repsonse from him today. Secretly monitoring this site??? Hmmm.

I did not get the bolts for the brackets. They're in the picture on the posting but he says they're not included. No mention that they're not included though.

He says i'll need M10 1.25 X 25. Anyone know where I can get my hands on these?

Autozone/Advance??

Can't find 'em on the net.

Also... Grade 8.8 or 10.9

Any decent auto parts store should have them. Autozone sells a metric bolt kit for Asian vehicles which contains all of the standard Japanese threads.

Stopped by autozone on the way home. They had M10 x 1.25 in a 30mm and 40mm length. 25mm length is gonnna be hard to come by I think. I dug thru my spare fasteners (froma parted out 280Z) and found six that will work perfectly.

Really nice brackets by the way. Don't have the calipers or rotors yet to test fit but i'm pretty confident things will come together nicely. Anyone have a spare set of 84-85 rear maxima calipers laying around??

My only complaint was slow shipping (took 19 days). Granted, it was over the holidays, but 19 days for something like this with 2-3 day shipping... unless he's making them when ordered?

Also, he's not that great about answering e-mails. Seems like a nice guy to work with once you do get a response though.

I bought some Tinmonk brackets about 2-3 years ago. You should try and test fit them now. I installed them about 1 year ago, and they didn't fit(bolt on smoothly). I had to use my dremel smoothen out the surface where it mounted, and had to dremel away at the bracket until it would fit. The transition on the mounting surface is curved, so that's the area i had to remove. I found this out, after removing my drum brakes, so there was no turning back.

I have a 1975 280z, so I don't know if that makes any difference. But, i seem to be the only one with that problem. So maybe, it was defective pair? I didn't try to contact him since it was already over a few years that i had the brackets. Other than that, i got them to work. Goodluck with yours.

found some perfect bolts from my stash off the 77 280 I parted out. Bolted the brackets on and they fit nicely. Nice recess in the back to fit around the mounting area. Again, not 100% on how it'll work cause I don't have all the parts i need yet.