HybridZ

Custom 240z HID headlights w/ rx8 projectors

Yorgee

Ah, is that what that is? I thought it was just something to help with alignment of the headlights. While I was trying to align them the light above the cutoff line seemed to line up. But man, for me to actually take the thing apart and cover the project side walls to stop it from reflecting, I'd have to break off the epoxy and I might break the headlight. It doesn't really bother me that much though and not nearly enough light to actually do any damage to drivers on the road. I've seen way worse.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed a set of 4" fully enclosed offroad HID lights on my 280.

I got them at Kragen Auto parts and hung them right below the front bumper mounts.

I was /am a little apprehensive about messing with my OEM headlight assembly.

I have never had a problem with them and I do not want to start now.

These lights are freaking bright...

Further info...

95.00 each, fully enclosed unit; ballast and bulb. Installation is easy as regular fog lights. 90 day manufacturer warranty. 35 watt light and here is the best part; 3 amp draw...

In California these are not legal for street use but since they are driving lights, their use is entirely discretionary.

I have a twenty mile commute from my place of employment to my residence down a poorly lit country road and these are going to make that a helluva lot safer...

• 1 month later...

It may be a stupid question but are all stock projectors pretty much the same? I see the RX8s have 2 projectors on each housing and am wondering if they were the same or different. Do some project at different angles?

Does the projector have to be a certain distance from the lens that covers it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

have you considered making something (projector) that fits the entire light rather than just the center- i personally think it would look better if the entire light was the projector seeing that it is a dual bulb rather than having two separate bulbs other wise it looks kinda odd.

cool project btw.