HybridZ

hey v8zed how is your clutch linkage

mobythevan

twak.gif You can go completely crazy and use a bellhousing from a V8 Monza from the mid to late 70s. It has the throwout arm angled down about 20 degrees to give extra tunnel clearance. It came with a cable actuation and that is what I use. I made a 2 and 1/2 to 1 ratio bellcrank and mounted it on the pedal assembly with an aluminum plate on the firewall to resist flex. I did this because I had the ZX brake booster and thought that a hydraulic master would not fit. I found out late I was wrong. I also got a deal on the bellhousing and was having a hard time finding a camero type. this did put the shifter in the upright position but worked fine for me.I am using the 53 tooth flywheel from a chevy six in a row . It is light and also for an internally balanced motor. Again I was using what was at hand. I built a tile into the JTW type rear mount to deal with the angle of the T5 rear mount.

NOW I would say that it was too much work but I will also say that it does work well for me.

Round and round we go, where we stop no one knows

the second one I bought from e-bay has a different bolt patern than the first one. the first one had a standard chev bolt patern also used with T5, Saginaw and Muncie.

I did have to turn down the area where the bolts are on the front bearing support. The A833 has a 1/8 inch larger diameter than the Saginaw box. The seller of the last one I bought is also sending me the bellhousing . I have not seen it yet so am not sure what the difference will be besides the bolt pattern .

This may seem like a lot of work but my 71 ate a brand new T5 in two days and I can't afford a six speed . This trans is much stronger than a T5 and I have put it to the test..

The Phantom is a big help also. well worth the 300.00 we spent for them.

Dennis

PS out of town next week and no computer so will get back to this after the 2nd.