HybridZ

Made new door panels, what u think??

dizzle

Very Very nice. I am about to do mine, How did you handle the "Silver" piece of plastic, that is where my problem is at right now.

Dayz

Actually that is the piece I like the most. It is actually a piece of metal trim off of a 64' Impala 2 door. The chevy trim is real metal with metal teeth in the back that I drilled through the panel and then bended over. It worked out perfect. I tried to find a piece of readily available trim everywhere but no luck. I just cut it to length bended over and polished the end. Did the same on the rear cards in front of the wheel well.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys I have been balls deep into a painless harness for the past week or so.

I would be willing to do some panels for other people if you guys are interested. You just would have to have door cards that are in good shape and know what material you want. They are a little tim consuming but if a couple people wanted to send me all of them at once, I could do some sort of group buy i guess. The only problem I could see is the chrome trim, as I found the impala trim sitting around the shop. I found some more chrome trim from a company called Clayton Machine (claytonmachine.com). But it was a little pricey. I will do some hunting on the impala trim.

Probably 250 a set.

plus what ever materials you want. leather, vinyl, etc.

In all vinyl it would only be about 30 bucks

anybody that is interested PM me and I will see what I can do.

I will try and take some better pics tonight.

found some trim from a sim-con top (aftermarket softop) but it is a little wide, around 3/4". My guy here said that may have been off of a 69 charger we did but he does not sound sure. I have been all over year one web site trying to fin something that will work but no luck. I will keep hunting...

That looks realllllllly nice, I think you just made up my mind with what I want to do! Do you have any pictures of the building process?

Sorry I don't. But here is the how I did it:

I took the old vinyl off and cut around the "insert" in the middle, and transfered it onto 1/8" sentra (a low temp heat formable plastic, the stuff they print signs on. It is a interior fabricators best friend!!!!)

Then mounted that to the door card where it should go. Next I took 1/4" closed cell foam and covered the whole panel sans the piece i cut to create a recess. Then started wrappping the outside in leather and then the insert in Alcantara suede. I was going to put the diagonal stiching in, but decided that it would not look right with perferated suede. Put the chrome trim the same line that was there on the original. Riveted back on my beat up fuzzy strips, and let r' buck!!!

Very nice work! You do this for a living?

I owned a stereo/ upholstery shop with a friend for a couple years. And now I do custom interior/ stereo work for a bunch of the pro athletes(this is why I have trim for 64' impalas and 69 chargers just lying around...) Mostly just the MN Vikings, but some others ship their cars in for us to do them.

Check out my/our work on www.ac-mn.com

web site is kind of stupid, I don't know who the hell they had do it..

So if anybody else needs fiberglass, carbon fiber, plastic, leather, blah blah blah advice give me a shout.

I am in the garage all day today finishing up the painless and laying some carpet (no pun intended).