HybridZ

Made new door panels, what u think??

dizzle

Looks great. So the suede part is an insert? (hard to tell from pics) How is it attached? Does the leather cover the whole door card? Again you did a great job.

I sunk chridtmas tree clips in under the foam and suede and the instert. Drilled the panel so they would puch through and then melted the ends over. So the instert can be changed if needs be. I need to pull one off so i can put the window track in, I will post up some pics.

And no, I still cant find a place to get any of the chrome. I did find a set off of a 63' impala, they are a little bit different though. I has a slight v to it and is a little bit wider. So I think that they might have been off the 69' charger. Which will make it even harder to find... sorry. but the impala trim is probably the best bet.

found some trim from a sim-con top (aftermarket softop) but it is a little wide, around 3/4". My guy here said that may have been off of a 69 charger we did but he does not sound sure. I have been all over year one web site trying to fin something that will work but no luck. I will keep hunting...

I am in the midst of trying to source some trim for the panel as well: if i find something decent I will let y'all know. I thought it would be easy, but surprisingly there is not that much out there that would look ok.

Hey Dizzle, Where do you get the 1/8" Sentra and about how much does it cost? Great work!

Thanks

Bryan

I get it from a plastics supplier in the twin cities, Cant recall the name off the top of my head. I know for sure that you can get it from

www.mobilesolutions-usa.com

But it is more expensive, brian the owner is a good guy. I have been to a couple of his trainings and he is the one who showed it to me. Otherwise I would check with some local sign shops, they use it as a lightweight backing for vinyl signs. I know it comes in 1/8" and 1/4".

Keep me in the loop if you can find some of that trim, I still cant.

I have some similiar pieces from a 63 impala ( That I am sure that it came off of) that I will post some pics up when I find the cord for my iphone.

It is 1/2" wide and has a slight concave V shape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found that too, but it is adhesive backed and really shouldn't be used on interior panels. The claytonmachine stuff is fairly cheap, I just ordered some for a 63 impala interior I am doing. I will see how it looks and let everybody know how it works.