HybridZ

New headers for the Z

I just sold my 62-67 hooker supercomp headers. Maybe I should have cept them.

With the jtr position, the only snag I saw without cutting into the battery aria and washer container aria, was the brake mastercylinder and booster in the way. I did not want to go throu relocation of these items.

If I had used them, they would have exited behind the front wheels, making for the best headers to use for side pipes,going over the frame instead of under it.

They also have more clearance for plug wires,are 1 3/4" longtubes with 3" collectors, and may have even provited more ground clearance than the other long tube heders used on the s30.

I actually just checked and the application (62-67 chevy II) for these is the same as the S&S header 5205 that has been talked about in at least a few threads. I believe a couple people are either running the 5205 headers currently or have in the past. Those threads may provide some insight depending on how similar the two brands headers are.

Pictures would be very helpful though.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for no pictures of the headers but i'll try and get them tomorrow.Its been a long 2 weeks swapping from a LS1 back to a old school sbc.But it was worth it!!!!! new best time,,well for the 1/8 that is...made about 6-7 passes and finnaly got a race...60'-1.29

1/8-5.6107 @ 124 mph...now next week we go for the 1/4 mile.......

lazycat5,

this is the combo you speak of. It is a nice fit but along with the battery tray removal and brake & clutch master relocations, you have to bend the rear of the wheel wells in a little. as can be seen in this image. I just installed these hooker comp fender headers and am now struggling through the brake and clutch master relocation if anyone has done this b4, I'll take any advice.

DSCN1939_thumb.JPG

miloZ,

that header looks like it was made for the car. I'm positive that you'll be able to work something out with those masters. I think Wilwood makes some clutch & brake pedals that mount the masters under the dash. Converting to manual brakes will eliminate the booster and can help things look cleaner under the hood. Now I'm jealous, definetly should have kept my old set.:icon14:

I don't have pics because I have since taken them off, but I had a set of the S&S 5205's on my sbc '71 240Z in the JTR position. Learned the hard way that the easiest way to install is to put a correct sized 2X6 on your floor jack, jack up the engine a little and take both motor mounts totally off. both sides drop out and in very easily and you can get at the motor mounts to put them back on. The collectors will be pointed toward the front floor pan, however, an offset down-turn pipe clears it easily. In fact, I still have the used set...I tried them on my 454 small block and they didn't do as well as my 1 7/8 shorties, so I took them off. They are coated with some installation marks on them, but very serviceable. PM me if you are interested in buying.

Wayne