HybridZ

Midwest Z Fest 2009 in Colorado Sept 10-13

Zmanco

The Z Car Club of Colorado will be hosting the 2009 Midwest Z Fest in Denver on September 10-13. We're still at the early stages of planning, but we're going to have a variety of events including:

- Track event at the new High Plains Raceway

- Shine and Show

- Mountain Drives (possibly to include a car museum)

- Awards Banquet

We've set up a site at www.midwestzfest.com where you'll be able to keep abreast as things firm up. In the next few weeks we'll have a hotel selected and will be able to provide specifics on the schedule and costs. In the mean time, if you ever thought about visiting Colorado, here's a great reason to do it this year.

Yasin, your post reminded me to mention that while the event is focused on Zs (all years), owners of Infiniti G35/37, Roadsters, and also 510s are also invited.

That leaves you with a hard decision: do you bring the 280ZX Monster? Or perhaps the low-miles Roadster? Either way make sure to use several coats of wax to protect against drool :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the messed up link. I thought I had tested it, but it's too late now to go back and edit it.

BTW, glad you're coming. We're still working on the drives, but hope to have 2 drives that capture the flavor of Colorado. The Sunday one will likely be for those who opted for the track event on Saturday.

BTW2, I had a chance to drive our new track - not at speed :( -and it's going to be a great one. There are lots of elevation changes including some blind corner entries. And as you'd expect of a brand new track, the pavement is very smooth. There's also a link to some "faster" laps taken in a Z06 by Arie Luyendyk Sr.

• 6 months later...

Planning is well on its way for the MZF 2009. People will be arriving on Thursday September 10th at the hotel for a Meet and Greet. Friday we'll have a Shine n Show at Tynan's Nissan and an open dinner (plenty of fun places to go downtown Denver). Saturday will have 2 options: spend a day on the new High Plains Raceway track, or take a drive down to Garden of the Gods. At the end of the day we'll have a banquet with auctions and awards. For those staying over on Sunday, we'll have a mountain drive up into Idaho Springs. All together it will be nearly 4 days to enjoy your Z and meet and get to know other fellow Z owners in beautiful Colorado. And keep in mind that if you have an Infinit G35/37 or even early Roadsters, you're invited too.

I do have to bring up a little reality check given these tough economic times: Events like these are notorious for people signing up at the last minute. The problem for the club hosting it is that financial commitments for things such as rooms and banquets have to be made much farther in advance. Usually it's safe to "build it and they will come" but with the economy remaining weak, this is probably not the year to take those kinds of risks. What this all means is that if you are planning on coming, please sign up in the next 2 weeks to ensure that we'll be able to make the event happen.

Visit the website at www.midwestzfest.com to learn more. You can register online, or print out the form and mail it if you prefer. We at the Z Car Club of Colorado hope you can join us!

Yasin, you have a difficult but fun choice to make: bring the white ZX with monster motor, or the pristine stock Roadster. Either one would be a huge hit at the show! Nice to have choices :)

Ryan, that doesn't sound good. I'm in the middle of the turbo-ectomy, but have enough travel outside CO in the next few weeks that getting it on the road and safely tuned is going to be a push. Still, hope you can come by one of the events, perhaps the Shine n Show on Friday?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...