HybridZ

The sensation of speed/pull.

theBrit

The sensation you have in my car is that of exterem care on launch in 1st despite the LSD to avoid wheel spin, I usually start from almost idle, feather it in and then about when I want to floor it and go, its already time for 2nd and I feel cheeted.

I feel cheeted because I want that same sense of pull I get if I short shift to second and then give it beans.

I notice that Corvettes mange either more than my 47 mph in 1st, the 96 LT1 attaining 51 mph or they have much larger tires and I am sure better suspension to allow a harder hit from the 1st.

I dont want to change the Z so much that its not a Z, but I'd like to make 1st more fun

I think a rear ratio change may help, the R200 can be 3.36 and I have heard of 3.16, and the Armarda is proably no good as there is no LSD avalable, but it has 2.946, 3.13

I also though of trying to up the RPM limit, but that still leaves the rather close ratios of the T56, and dropping out of 1st at a higher speed will probably now leave 2nd feeling just as brief unless I go back to a short shift.

Does anyone have any other sugestions ?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...