HybridZ

240z RB26- heater core connection to RB26

strokerzedd

I've looked at a lot of photos trying to determine which way to hook up the 240z heater core hoses on the firewall to an RB26. The top 240z heater core hose in the firewall is the heatercore outlet and bottom the inlet. Is the connection on the back of the RB26 block or on the back of the water tube the inlet? I wasn't able to find the info in either Skyline Maintenance manual found on this site either.

Where's the best place to get the brake booster vacuum on the 240z from off the RB26?

Anyone heard of a clutch booster on an RB26 clutch, and if so, is it required?

Can I remove the vacuum lines that move from the intake manifold side through the front cover to the turbo side when I've changed to HKS turbos? I'm not sure were they went originally.

I was contemplating taking off the vacuum spider beneath the intake manifold but apparently the AEM 1621U uses this system to control the idle as well as the oem ecu. Any thoughts?

Hi Stroker I am at about the same stage as you.

A lot of your questions (other than heater hoses) have been discussed recently if you search the threads over the last month.

Other than that the brake booster hose for the 26 comes off the back of the spider thing you are talking about, I will try and attach a picture from the manual

Yes there is a clutch booster it was on my halfcut - probably not required, others havent complained about it being too heavy

Yes I am keeping the spider for that and aircon reasons

regards

iCollector hoses.pdf