HybridZ

280z turbo v8 ?'s

Alright ive had my 1977 280z for about 2 years and i was wondering what the best rout was on the motor.. i was wanting to put a v8 in it. i really want to put a turbo on it, ive always loved the sound of a good turbo. so i was wondering what my best bet was on putting a turbo on a v8 in the datsun. i was wondering if it would fit in there. i was really wanting to run dual turbos on the v8. so will it fit with 2 turbos. or would it be better to run one turbo. i want to get at some much power as i can out of it.. its been 2 years in the making and i cant make up my mind on what i want to do with it. so all the help would be great. Thanks

I personally rarely see twin turbo v8's at the track and when you do it is :). So of course I would love to see you do a TT if the budget is there. The size generally is not a problem with 350's and smaller though anything larger in most cases requires some moving. But with turbos more room is probably better so if it were up to me I would do a TT 350. Good Luck.

Why? A twin turbo 355 can put out 800HP! (see Nelson Race Engines) A 400rwhp L30ET can't get traction with two guys in it (see videos from this site on YouTube) Is this a race only car? An LS2 puts out 400hp stock, slap a procharger on it and you easily have 600+ hp and it idles like stock, because it is! You could always do a remote mount turbo (like STS) to make it all fit nice, give you that turbo sound, and not have the clutter under the hood. That would be a lot of fun!

Check out these threads:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=143571 Mine :)

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=143746

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106825

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=90891

These are the TT S30's I know of. There are also some single turbo V8s. Search the V8 forums

Alright ive had my 1977 280z for about 2 years and i was wondering what the best rout was on the motor.. i was wanting to put a v8 in it. i really want to put a turbo on it, ive always loved the sound of a good turbo. so i was wondering what my best bet was on putting a turbo on a v8 in the datsun. i was wondering if it would fit in there. i was really wanting to run dual turbos on the v8. so will it fit with 2 turbos. or would it be better to run one turbo. i want to get at some much power as i can out of it.. its been 2 years in the making and i cant make up my mind on what i want to do with it. so all the help would be great. Thanks

TT V8 Z:

POWER>weight

There is such a thing as too much... unless you're making this into a drag car. Otherwise you're looking at a LOT of work just to make the car handle right.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info. sorry ive been so busy tring to get things all together, getting married and all that stuff.

Ok so the car is going to be more of a daily driver, i want it to be able to hit the track if i ever feel the need.. So i was thinking of maybe going with a donor l28et and having it bored and stroked to get it to a l30 or l31 and slap on a nice big turbo. anyone ever do this, about how much should this put out. i want it to be fast but reliable and fun to drive. id like to see about 400 to 450hp. is that even possible?